Rules for ESEE Forum

Okay Guys & Gals As of Today , We need to keep Threads on Topic.No more side tracking/Hijacking threads or warnings will be issued.
Red & Yellow tickets(based on a point system)...to many warnings and limited access to BF or you could be Banned from BF
Do not use foul or offensive language. This includes abbreviations or acronyms.
Do not post “Link & Run” threads. Either have an opinion on the topic you posted about or don’t post it.
Do not hassle the moderators of the forum if they move, edit, or close your thread.
Do not post threads that clearly do not belong in the ESEE Forum and continue to do so after you have been warned.

Do not insult or berate other members of the forum.

Do not post SPAM. This is my pet peeve. Post anything of the sort and you will lose your privileges on BFC.

BFC now has an infraction system in place. Failure to follow the rules set by BFC Admin. Spark and the rules that apply to the Community Forum will result in an infraction being given. Get enough of them and you'll wind up getting banned either temporarily or permanently. So watch what you say, where you say it, and who you say it to. Be mindful of the forum you are posting in.

I want to keep the ESEE forum open and provide answers to question and helpful tips and to show Why ESEE is a Leader in the Cutlery world.

As of 6-10-2010:
New Rules for ESEE Knives Contest
1. RP#
2. Gold membership or Higher
Due to :
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...hlight=contest

From this point on All Contest will follow these rules ,If you are not a Gold member or higher ,Please Upgrade your BF Account to participate in ESEE Contest & Support BF.
Thank you
TTD

Last edited:
I'm sure it will take a while before some realize we have these new rules in place since not all posts are read by everyone. We want everyone to know that we want this to remain a friendly, relaxed forum but we just need to back off on all the off-topic and crazy stuff that's been posted here.

That is True Jeff,
Trying to get a handle on all the off topic stuff can be a chore . Just takes time and cooperation from RAT Members,Still the same place ,let's just try to keep the threads on topic.

I agree with all said. Although, as a newcomer myself it was very easy to see that some of the biggest names here, were some of the biggest offenders of that which you speak. I just hope the "New" rules apply to all. That being said, I thank everyone for making this both an educational and enjoyable place to spend free time.

Honestly not new rules... we were just relaxed and things went down hill , mostly we as in every RAT member kinda add to the problem at one time or another....RAT Forum is still going to be fun & relaxed but I will mainly be watching for:
Do not insult or berate other members of the forum
Keeping threads on topic.....and getting rid of the side tracking of threads.

We still won't have problems posting off topic stuff like asking about non-knife related things will we? ie, backpacks, tents or what have you

This is more for the crazy off the handle kind of stuff I assume?

Am I correct? Just trying to clarify.

We still won't have problems posting off topic stuff like asking about non-knife related things will we? ie, backpacks, tents or what have you

This is more for the crazy off the handle kind of stuff I assume?

Am I correct? Just trying to clarify.

Correct .
We are just trying to kill off the wall comments/post that hijack a thread...

Last edited:
Correct .
We are just trying to kill off the wall comments/post

Thanks for the clarification TTD. Personally, I like to see people post threads and comment on gear they have tried and liked/disliked. Most/many of the people who post here have much more woods experience than I do and I value their assessments. It truly helps future selection of gear easier if questions and comments are available.

Thanks for the clarification TTD. Personally, I like to see people post threads and comment on gear they have tried and liked/disliked. Most/many of the people who post here have much more woods experience than I do and I value their assessments. It truly helps future selection of gear easier if questions and comments are available.

U R welcome & correct :D

Rules? :grumpy:

Nah, these seem reasonable. It was nice to have an off topic thread once in a while, but it was starting to get a little crazy there.

:D Maybe it will start getting back to normal-ish, :eek: I actually I have found myself spending less time in the Rat forum due to all the craziness (and time restraints), sure it's fun once in a while but 10+ threads a day on crazy stuff and you have to surf through the threads to find ones worth reading. Admittedly I'm going to miss the occasional Hi-Jack when a thread starts dieing, but if it betters the community and promotes like behavior of non hi-jacking posts then I'll hang up my thread spikes.

I am very pleased with this. I was tired of reading a thread for the first 4-5 posts and than it started to get hijacked.

fantastic, i don't post that much, but i sure see a lot of off topic threads these days, hijacking too. I read the rules sounds good. :thumbup:

All very fair and easy enough to follow, can't argue with that.

We appreciate all of you. I am as much to blame (if not more) for these threads going off topic than anyone else. We want this forum to continue to be a cool place to visit so we can speak our minds and have a "campfire" setting. Again, we are not as much about knives as we are about a philosophy. Knives are second rate in what we do. Being able to communicate among each other, learn about things that will keep us safe and help us survive bad things, and build lasting friendships means a thousand times more than any old RAT (or any other) knife. So, again, we appreciate you all and just want to try to get a little better organization to the forum for those who need to be able to get info quickly without wading through the junk...that's the only reason for the new rules.

Onward!

We appreciate all of you. I am as much to blame (if not more) for these threads going off topic than anyone else. We want this forum to continue to be a cool place to visit so we can speak our minds and have a "campfire" setting. Again, we are not as much about knives as we are about a philosophy. Knives are second rate in what we do. Being able to communicate among each other, learn about things that will keep us safe and help us survive bad things, and build lasting friendships means a thousand times more than any old RAT (or any other) knife. So, again, we appreciate you all and just want to try to get a little better organization to the forum for those who need to be able to get info quickly without wading through the junk...that's the only reason for the new rules.

Onward!

Just another case that shows Jeff and RAT to be class acts! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited:
Ya'll forgot one rule...

NO MORE FICTICIOUS RC-10 PICS!

Thanks guys! (and yes Im guilty of that one too!)

Back