Rusty visits the Cantina -- pix & little story.

Rusty dropped by yesterday with a fine Bailey sombrero for Pala along with the hat band. Pala loved it.

Pala retaliated with a topi, 7.5 inch khukuri, and BirGorkha T-shirt for Rusty.

Here's a pix.

Attachments

• rusty & pala in hats -- feb 2002.jpg
    rusty & pala in hats -- feb 2002.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 383
Bill,
Rus, treats me like a dog, he abuses me,an keeps bringing up that butt ugly K of his,"ARKEY" or whatever IT's name is! I'm going to be NICE!:D Nice pic. Rus! :p
jim

This is true, however, the dogs desrve the better treatment.

Originally posted by Rusty
This is true, however, the dogs desrve the better treatment.

Even a rez dog Bro, even a rez dog!!!!:p

On another topic entirely.:D ........................................
Lookin' good there Bro. That's one of the better pix I've seen of you, and Pala as well!!!!
Must be the hats.:) :cool:

In that getup I think Pala could wander around just about any rez and never get a second look. Rusty????

pala_rusty.gif

...Oh Oh, you had better keep an eye on those two Uncle Bill :D

Seriously, I respect and admire Pala for what he is doing at his age and has done in the past. The Bailey Tuskarora was meant to say that Pala would have done fine in the old or the new wests. It's also not an obvious Cowboy hat that would make him stand out too much, but close except for color to the old Gorkha hat.

What made it fun is his head circumference was 22 1/2" and mine is 22 3/8ths. If I remember right, there is about 5/8ths difference between a size 7, and a 7 1/8th, and another 5/8ths between size 7 1/8th and size 7 1/4. So all I needed to do was try on the 7 1/8s hats til I found one with a relaxed fit. I walked in wearing my own black Tuscarora and with Pala's in the box. Once he tried it on to make sure it fit, I took the band off mine and slipped it onto his. So if you want a close up, go to the thread that shows the Blue Rose belt buckle and you can see the band.

And on looking at the Crazy Crow catalogue, Yvsa is right. It does look like and NDN bowler. Or Amish, in fact they call it an Amish crown!

Pala loves it and I'm sure will embellish on it's origins in his lectures to the kamis regarding the origin of the hat. Kicker is he's got a pix of Rusty on the customers picture bulletin board which will help him in his lectures.

What a nice thing to do, Rusty. And I must say you don't look anything like I pictured. Neither fierce NOR irritable.

Moch,
Looks can be "very"decieving in this case!hee!Irritable,
That is putting it mildly!:DI love it when a K brother opens the door like this ,so I can get my shots in on Rus!:DBeing a "kindly old person" it doesn't happen very often!:p
jim

Rusty is just a kindly, easy going old fella who happens to carry 4 or 5 weapons at all times.

Why does Pala have an exquisite expression on his face while Rusty has a good poker face? Hmmmm?

:eek:

Back