S&M Large English Jack

That is a beautiful knife! I usually do not care for the lighter colored handle materials, but I would make an exception for this one. Very, very nice, thanks for sharing.

IMG_20170224_223513.jpg

I got the black sawcut version of this SFO, mostly because it's different than anything else I had (I actually prefer the white one).

I love the blade combination, but (mine at least) has very strong pull on both blades.

Excellent knife!

Dave, GasMan, thanks for pictures of some originals, are those also around 4 1/2"?

Not really vintage (2005) but not newly manufactured either, this F&W had the spear modified by Don Hanson into a Wharncliffe. One of my favorite knives. Having the good ATS-34 blades, it stays in the kitchen for light prep duty.

DHIIImod_zpscfe57824.jpg~original

Also Queen made these two in their File and Wire Series back in the early `90's I believe.
The round bolstered one was in the 1st Series, addition #3 I believe.
IMG_0417.JPG

The flat bolstered in the 3rd Series, addition #2 I believe. My user!!IMG_0221.JPG

Also Queen made 2 English Jacks in their Annual Reproduction Series, #6 and #7. they were made in 1996, a dark green bone and a dark blue bone in 1997.
Here is the blue, the green was identical except for the color....of course! :D
IMG_0254.JPG

Dave

P.S. Yes the are all about 4.5" closed

Yes, they're a massive carry! :D Here's a Barehead version in Wormgroove, Sheepfoot/Pen from the early years of this century

IMG_1227.jpg

Back