Sad Day for a BM Owner

It seems that the Szabo does indeed have a bushing. That is likely the problem.

From what I see most knives blades do not have an "axle" but rather one screw is female which fits tightly through the hole in the blade the other male screw threads in the female screw. Is this coupled female and male screw what you mean as the axle?

It seems that the Szabo does indeed have a bushing. That is likely the problem.

From what I see most knives blades do not have an "axle" but rather one screw is female which fits tightly through the hole in the blade the other male screw threads in the female screw. Is this coupled female and male screw what you mean as the axle?

Yes. The exterior of the female (receiver) screw is the axle.

Hey ChazzyP, could you update your excellent post on how you centered you 710 and create another thread with a descriptive title like how to re-center your benchmade blade. I saw the title of this thread and almost didn't even open it up to read. I think this would make it easier to search for in the future.

Thank you Jimmy for mentioning this technique.

So, I tried this technique on two of my knives and it worked perfect. However, I have one piece of advice for those with DLC coated blades. Cover the blade with tape first. I clamped my blades in a vise with wooden jaws. My DLC coated blade got pretty scuffed up from moving around in the jaws. This would be only a concern for those who want their knives to look pristine. Mine is a user so no big deal.

JonesE

I just edited and expanded my post at #9 and started a How To thread--Centering a Benchmade Blade .

Try carefully applying pressure to the right side tip of the blade on a table (I know it seems backwards). This should help you get back to center. If the blade is bent toward one side apply pressure to the tip of that side when the knife is open.
Used this trick today to great effect. Thanks!

Just worked on mine too. Nice! I was certain that the blade was ground unevenly. In this case, I'm very glad my presumption was wrong.

I'll have to retract this statement. Still way uncentered. I was gonna send this knife in regardless, for a new blade. Hopefully the new one is much better. I'm guessing uneven grinding.

Back