Saddleback Leather: Wallets

to member "CCMI" - how thick is your medium bi-fold now?

Right now with about 5 cards, some business cards, and 6 bills it's about 3/4" thick. Completely empty it's about 5/8" and empty and pushed flat it's about 3/8".

By the way, I carry the medium bifold in my front pocket everyday and always have. Really no more/less comfortable than the front pocket ID wallet it replaced as the difference in thickness I think is marginal.

I've got a question for you ID wallet owners. In the past I've purchased the new tobacco as well as the new Carbon color ID wallets from SBL. The dark tobacco holds my cash differently than the new carbon or the old carbon black. Curious to see what others thought. They are stuffed with the same bills for comparison. What do you think?

Tobacco

Carbon Black

New carbon color

The black one hold my cash like a champ but the tobacco one not so much. I'll be curious what SBL has to say.

Mine folds slightly crooked too, not a big deal IMO. I guess my ass doesn't exert even pressure on it when I sit.
when breaking in a new wallet, i pocket it in different orientations - fold down opening right, fd opening left, fold up, etc. it forces an even fold line and corner break in.

It definitely should, mine thinned down quite a bit from when I first got it.

Here's a couple pictures of mine from the other day, been using it every day for about 2 years now:

20131212_143516_zps5f6ee485.jpg

20131212_143628_zpsc0b012f0.jpg

Is your wallet tobacco?

That sure took on a beautiful patina!

I think I've got it figured out. The new wallets seem to have eliminated the cards breaking. The difference between the new and improved is that all the credit card pockets are curved (like the bottom credit card slots on both sides of the wallet). Also, the pig skin in the center of the wallet also appears to be thinner. I'm convinced the credit card breaking days are over! See the picture of my medium bifold wallet for comparison.

I have the bi fold from 2 months ago, still breaks cards.

All the pockets are curved too. It is just too tight. However I double stack the cards (someone recommended it) to prevent breakage.

Wallet feels good but they need to fix the tightness issue.
20140307_164415_zps06e69b7c.jpg

I like the Aristotle quote when the Saddleback page loads: Quality is not an act, it is a habit. It's not there when load is complete, but you see it (maybe with a slow connection?) during loading, and it's in the page source.

I have the medium bifold in Dark Coffee Brown. Have had it for about 5 months. No issues damaging cards yet.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a wallet like found in the picture? I want a wallet with the credit card slot slides out from the side like this one. 99% of the time I open my wallet to pull out my credit card and love the look of this wallet. I have no idea where to find it though. I have checked local stores like, JCPenny, Belk, Kohls, Walmart, but no luck. Anyone know where I can find a wallet like this or one with the same slide out credit card slot design? The only thing it says on the front is Saddleback Leather.

0qzZiWf.jpg

ID Wallet in Tobacco just arrived a few days ago. As much as I love my Large Bi-Fold, I just wanted something smaller for the summer.

DSC03714.jpg

Received my large in chestnut today. I like it. It is a bit tough to get cards out of the slots, but they'll stretch in time. I like how thin it is. It feels much thinner than my old bifold.

wckby1.jpg

Received my large in chestnut today. I like it. It is a bit tough to get cards out of the slots, but they'll stretch in time. I like how thin it is. It feels much thinner than my old bifold.

You're going to love it. I've had mine for about a month so far. After inserting and removing the cards a few times the slots ease up a bit. I have 2 cards in each slot. You can tell the ones I use the most, as they're much easier to get in and out. I also have the business card wallet. Works great, with 5 cards per side. It's harder to stretch it out, as the business cards aren't as sturdy as the plastic cards :)

ACEB9069-FDAA-46AF-A684-83DF7CE3D52B.jpg

Waited for the medium tobacco bi-fold to be back in stock. Had mine now for a couple of weeks. It replaces my Docker tri-fold. So far, no complaints.

Back