Saint George goes to Las Vegas

Not me the real one, you know the one that killed the dragon...

I was trying to think of a cool way to talk this knife up but I got nothing. This project has been like 2 years in the making and is going to the TKI next week.

Chad Nichols 6K stelite San Mai Blade, Titanium frame lock, damascus Back spacer and clip.

Yes this was engraved into TITANIUM by David Riccardo

The blade runs on caged bearings and it flips like a monster.

Anyway, enough of my words, on to the pics (yes I have made arrangements for proper pics)

IMG_0989-1.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

now for the good part....

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Im gonna go pass out till its time to leave for SHOT..........

This is a seriously amazing folder, Les.
David's engraving is off the charts. Someone's going to very happy with this piece.

ridonculous.

Am I the only one that has a problem with that laminate? The transition from damascus to core line is not crisp or clear. Also, it's a plain slab sided knife with lots of engraving that doesn't tie into the blade in any way. The handle is slick, but with that blade? No, imo, it doesn't work.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

The engraving is so good it would make any knife look plain. I see nothing wrong with the knife at all.

Favorite Les George design: check.
Favorite steelmaker's blade material: check.
Insanely cool engraving: check.
I can't wait to see this one next week!

David Riccardo has AWESOME design and engraving skills and I love what he did on the knife.

I do agree with STeven about the blade however. The transition line looks terrible and it looks like the patterned steel (which is assumed to be softer) goes right to the edge in one place?

LOVE the engraving though!

Peter

You did good, Les......

Sell that thing when you hit Vegas so you'll have bail money. :D

I notice the "fuzzy" blade steel transition. How could you not as Les practically highlights it in image #3.
I've seen same in other knives and it doesn't really bother me to any great extent.

I'm no real fan of laminates anyway, however do feel this blade complements the handle of this fine piece.
To my eye, it lightens up and offers contrast as opposed to a full damascus blade which in my opinion would have made this folder appear too "dark".
Just my opinion.

Back