SAK Help

1. What was the original SAK pocketknife? I feel like I've heard it is from WWII or something like that.

2. I want to purchase a green metal one. I put both pocketknives in this picture for size comparison so maybe you guys can tell what it is. The green one in this picture I bought it is awful small but the second picture shows the box info on it. The glow-in-the-dark one I have no info about but it's just about right size wise; I've had it for 5-10 years and it was just given to me so I don't know anything about it except I like the size. So basically I want that size, but green metal. As far as tools go, I would be happy with 1 or 2 blades and less tools the better.

1pFJQai.jpg

poWuZmm.jpg

Just do a web search. You'll find plenty of information. The original SAK goes back to an 1890s request by the Swiss army.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Look for green alox and you probably will end up with a pioneer or a Swiss Bianco special run.

Just do a web search. You'll find plenty of information. The original SAK goes back to an 1890s request by the Swiss army.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did a web search. It came up with bladeforums.com. where I can have knowledgeable discussions about the love of pocketknives with like-minded people without doing further web searches.

I believe the second knife is one of the 91mm size or the size of a Tinker model. You like alox (aluminum), so consider the Pioneer X which should be available from DLT knives. It is one of the more favored sizes. I like the Cadet too.

Last edited:
The 2nd one looks like a climber which is a 91mm. You can get a green alox farmer in that same size (pictured below). You can also get an alox pioneer that has less tools but I don't see that one in green at the moment.

2017-03-15.jpg

Last edited:
The 2nd one looks like a climber which is a 91mm. You can get a green alox farmer in that same size (pictured below). You can also get an alox pioneer that has less tools but I don't see that one in green at the moment.

2017-03-15.jpg

Thank you for the information! I'll definitely keep your company in mind in the future. I've decided to go with the Alox Pioneer.

On to a different SAK. Does SAK make a two blade 91mm (or similar size) that has the plastic handles (I want the toothpick and tweezers on this one). Just the blades. No other tools.

Last edited:
I did a web search. It came up with bladeforums.com. where I can have knowledgeable discussions about the love of pocketknives with like-minded people without doing further web searches.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but asking for info that is only one google search deep gets old fast. Discussing things is great, love it, share your opinions and reflect on those of others. However your attitude of " I just don't wanna google it" will get old fast, and you will find you will get ignored.

Right now Swissbianco has a few green Soldier varities, plus other models. They have a green Pioneer with file work and a green Pioneer X just for some items.

Back