Photos Sam Lurquin & CAS Collaboration WIP FINISHED

Joe did you design it?

It looks like its going to be a killer piece.:)

Wait a minute, I am so low-tech that I am not even sure what I just saw. Was that a milling machine, flooded with coolant, cutting around the inlay? I do everything with an engraving handpiece (not even an air graver) or hammers and chisels/gravers/punches. I mean, I have a mill, but it isn't CNC'd or anything. Anyway, what manner of machining operation did I just see?

I am a Luddite. I don't even use my KMG unless I can't think of another way to do what I need.

The knife looks like it will be a beautiful piece of craft. I am enjoying watching it develop. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you do not mind my question.

Kevin

Kevin, this is EDM. We make a piece of copper with the desired format and the machine is responsible for penetrating the steel.
Best regards and thanks,
Claudio

It's going to be a beast of a knife when done Joe and I like all that meat left on the tang too. Congrats she's going to be a beaut when all finished I'm sure.

If this is done in time for BLADE it should have a shot at beat collaboration for sure!

That could take a couple different titles but I agree - I'd put it in best collaboration - sweet!

That's something else...amazing steel and detail, the sheath is awesome...the total package, like Joe.

Joe, there are several knives that I envy in your collection! But i am very excited to be the owner! I am seeing it be completed with your daily pics so dont hold out Joe if you have more pictures! Ha CDC

Guys

Regretfully this isn't mine :(

More pics

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Back