• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SCAMMER ALERT!! KEITH JANOWICZ, aka FingerBlade scammed me in a trade.

Unfortunately this guy seems to know exactly what he's doing. He's creating a paper trail for the trade, he's got proof that he sent you a package.

He is trying to make this become a "He said, he said" situation. He'll say that you had an agreement and that you are not satisfied now that you got your end of the trade (civil disagreement).

I'm afraid that he's got a pretty good chance of getting out of criminal charges on this. Your only recourse may be to take him to small claims court... ...this of course would be cost prohibitive since you are in different states. This sucks big time but like one of the buyers said we know it's a risk.

I just read through all these pages and all I can say is wow...
I really can't believe this.
I really can't fathom what kind of person would do this...
It's honestly just sad....
I really hope you two get back your knives and this dude Keith gets what he deserves

Unfortunately this guy seems to know exactly what he's doing. He's creating a paper trail for the trade, he's got proof that he sent you a package.

He is trying to make this become a "He said, he said" situation. He'll say that you had an agreement and that you are not satisfied now that you got your end of the trade (civil disagreement).

I'm afraid that he's got a pretty good chance of getting out of criminal charges on this. Your only recourse may be to take him to small claims court... ...this of course would be cost prohibitive since you are in different states. This sucks big time but like one of the buyers said we know it's a risk.

I agree that he's creating a paper trail for himself. However, there's also a paper trail of sorts in both the emails of Flymon and mikethemayt that shows exactly what was agreed upon and exactly what items were agreed to be traded. So even though he's sent a package, it still doesn't mean that he fulfilled his end of the agreement.

Well, this is a family friendly forum. Taking the time to read the rules which you agreed to abide by when joining this site isn't too much to ask is it?

Ok, that's why there's threads with naked ladies and some foul language worse than what I wrote? Surely There's got to be other things you can do than try & puff up on me. Lol
Give me a break and don't act like a breadstick!

Power trip away my friend!

Last edited:
Ok, that's why there's threads with naked ladies and some foul language worse than what I wrote? Surely There's got to be other things you can do than try & puff up on me. Lol
Give me a break and don't act like a breadstick!

Power trip away my friend!

If there are threads with naked ladies and profanity, they are in a forum where it's allowed. How would you know anyways with your current membership. Because it's almost christmas, i'm not going to hit you with a Mod Sass infraction, which would leave you 10 points away from banning. I highly suggest you get a grip and read the rules before you leave me no choice......

Look up the red head thread! I saw more than one pic showing parts not acceptable or kids. ANY REGULAR MEMBER CAN SEE THESE PICS, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! I'm just merely stating that I'm getting picked on for crud that's a fraction of the other crud going on here (comparatively speaking). I don't take that kind of stuff lightly. I stand up for myself. Always have always will!

Pretty unfair I think. My comment was directed at the tool bag thief this thread is about. I encourage anyone reading this to read that comment.

Oh well, I'm over it now. No sweat off my back!

Okay, I read the comment. And I feel the same way as the mods that have expressed their views on this. Let's keep it clean. You can just as easily get your point across without all the foul language.

Where is the guy here that was gonna pay this scumbag a visit?! I cant believe he actually sent you those cheesy phony Buck knives when you were supposed to get an Umnum I believe!? Wish I could put the cuffs on this dirtbag! And to send those out this time of year makes it even worse! What a freakin scumbag!! Hope there is a happy ending to this tragedy! Happy holidays my peeps!! :D

Look up the red head thread! I saw more than one pic showing parts not acceptable or kids. ANY REGULAR MEMBER CAN SEE THESE PICS, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! I'm just merely stating that I'm getting picked on for crud that's a fraction of the other crud going on here (comparatively speaking). I don't take that kind of stuff lightly. I stand up for myself. Always have always will!

Pretty unfair I think. My comment was directed at the tool bag thief this thread is about. I encourage anyone reading this to read that comment.

Oh well, I'm over it now. No sweat off my back!

You don't seem to understand.
In that forum profanity is allowed. In the Discussion forums such as this one, it is not.
There should be no nude pictures in that thread or in that forum, Scantily clad, yes, nudity no. If you see Nudity, report it and it will be removed.
You are not being picked on. Any other member that acted as you have would be treated the same way.

Seems like Svs maybe got a little fired up about this scumbag and used some colorful language to express himself. While profanity doesnt offend me personally it is a rule here and its kind of a respect thing. Keep it clean thats all they re asking. Not a difficult concept! Cant we all just get along?! :)

I've given this some thought and the guy is pretty good at what he does. Should this ever get in front of a non knife jury, what they are going to HEAR " is that A & B made a deal to trade a couple of knives A sent his knives. B sent his knives but had some postal problems and had to resend, but eventually A received two knives-now why am I in this stupid jury?" That is not the truth but that is what they are going to hear. To most people a knife is a knife and it's going to be hard to convince them that the knives you sent are worth $600 and the knives you received are worth $15.

I've given this some thought and the guy is pretty good at what he does. Should this ever get in front of a non knife jury, what they are going to HEAR " is that A & B made a deal to trade a couple of knives A sent his knives. B sent his knives but had some postal problems and had to resend, but eventually A received two knives-now why am I in this stupid jury?" That is not the truth but that is what they are going to hear. To most people a knife is a knife and it's going to be hard to convince them that the knives you sent are worth $600 and the knives you received are worth $15.

Exactly

Guys, you need to stop worrying about what a jury will think and start thinking about what a lawyer will cost. If this low-life is sinking low enough to steal $600 worth of knives then he's likely not made of dough. More then likely just some loser with next to nothing. Hiring a lawyer in this situation will more then force him to "break-even" (for lack of a better term.)

Is there nothing the Local law enforcement can do?
It would be frightening if this low life gets away with this.

I am waiting to hear from the postal service investigators. I will post when I get some feedback from them. I want this guy to get what he deserves but I am not going to spend anymore of my own cash to get back something I paid for in the first place. Lawyer fees, travel expenses, time off of work to see him in court? Hopefully it doesn't come to that and something comes out of the postal investigation.

Guys, you need to stop worrying about what a jury will think and start thinking about what a lawyer will cost. If this low-life is sinking low enough to steal $600 worth of knives then he's likely not made of dough. More then likely just some loser with next to nothing. Hiring a lawyer in this situation will more then force him to "break-even" (for lack of a better term.)

Why would he need a lawyer?
I will bet my next paycheck law enforcement will have no interest in this once they know both sides can prove they mailed something to the other(more on this in a minute).

So that leaves civil action.
Let's say I get a summons tomorrow from a lawsuit he brought against me for not sending him what I promised (wouldn't that beat all?). I would have exactly the same defense he would have if I took him to court in MA. All either of us have is proof of a delivered package. I can no more prove what I sent him than I can prove what he sent to me, and vice versa. If I were to show up in court with the knives he sent me, he would show up with some more junk and claim that is what I sent him.

I know what happened, you know what happened, he knows what happened but we can't prove it to a neutral 3rd party. I would have no problem defending myself against a claim like this.

This is a done deal. Even if the Postal Inspector takes a look at this, as soon as he learns that Keith can show a package was delivered from him to me, no more fraud.

Unfortunately thieves like Keith Janowicz know this is an easy, low risk scam to run. And even the $600 that Michael is out is not enough to justify the expense of pursuing the matter "long distance".

In my observation petty thieves tend to live pretty miserable existences on the whole. That's more than enough justice, for me anyway.

Don't like to hear situations like this and hate it for both of the forum members. What short period of time I have been on, and with the dozen or so I have dealt with, they have all been great guys. I hope somehow it works out good for both members in the end.

If it were me, I'd fight fire with fire. Not only file charges, but call Keith's relatives to explain what Keith is up to. If they hang up on you, call again, and continue to explain what kind of pos keith is.

Back