• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SCAMMER ALERT!! KEITH JANOWICZ, aka FingerBlade scammed me in a trade.

This stinks.. I just wish I could go over to his house. He is such a dirtbag. You should just call and call like Duro said. This was done when some other kid pulled something like this. Might as well let all of his faimily know about it. I am sure someone on this forum has the means to dig up all his personal info somehow.

Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

Leviticus - Chapter 19

It is unfortunate that people have to do these things, but there is no one who gets away with it....

Why would he need a lawyer?
I will bet my next paycheck law enforcement will have no interest in this once they know both sides can prove they mailed something to the other(more on this in a minute).

So that leaves civil action.
Let's say I get a summons tomorrow from a lawsuit he brought against me for not sending him what I promised (wouldn't that beat all?). I would have exactly the same defense he would have if I took him to court in MA. All either of us have is proof of a delivered package. I can no more prove what I sent him than I can prove what he sent to me, and vice versa. If I were to show up in court with the knives he sent me, he would show up with some more junk and claim that is what I sent him.

I know what happened, you know what happened, he knows what happened but we can't prove it to a neutral 3rd party. I would have no problem defending myself against a claim like this.

This is a done deal. Even if the Postal Inspector takes a look at this, as soon as he learns that Keith can show a package was delivered from him to me, no more fraud.

Unfortunately thieves like Keith Janowicz know this is an easy, low risk scam to run. And even the $600 that Michael is out is not enough to justify the expense of pursuing the matter "long distance".

In my observation petty thieves tend to live pretty miserable existences on the whole. That's more than enough justice, for me anyway.

You're not thinking like a lawyer. Pick a dollar amount well in excess of the relevant state limit for Small Claims (e.g. $10k) then file suit. If he shows up by himself then have your way with him. If not, it'll likely get dropped BUT the legal fees will be in excess of the $600 he stole from you (e.g. even the crappiest lawyer will cost more then $300/hr.)

ADDENDUM: you can pursue this in Federal court btw so no need to go "long distance".

I can no more prove what I sent him than I can prove what he sent to me, and vice versa. If I were to show up in court with the knives he sent me, he would show up with some more junk and claim that is what I sent him.

He has a history of doing similar scams.
He did it with two forum members at the same time.
You are both long time members with a good reputation on the forum, he just came to do his scam.

Couldn't this be seen as a probable cause or something?

He has a history of doing similar scams.
He did it with two forum members at the same time.
You are both long time members with a good reputation on the forum, he just came to do his scam.

Couldn't this be seen as a probable cause or something?

Probable cause for what?!?

Look this isn't going to be resolved via police action. Its a civil matter. So just make him spend enough money until you are satisfied that he will have learned his lesson.

If I am reading this right and understanding this correctly......appears all these laws and legislation, police and postal inspectors can do nothing and all this costly massive system does absolutely no good. What a sad mess this is.

At this point if it were me this dirtbag screwed.....id go civil court and regardless of cost id spend the money just to make him have to go out of his way and create as many headaches as possible. At the same time id be trying to find who his employer is so I could call his boss and let them know what kind of employee they have and how personal sins always carry into the workplace eventually. As well as the letting family know....although odds are apple didn't fall far from the tree, so they may not care?

All that aside....this dirtbag has been lucky. Sooner or later he'll cross the wrong person and end up wishing he hadn't. Its not a matter of if, its when.

If I am reading this right and understanding this correctly......appears all these laws and legislation, police and postal inspectors can do nothing and all this costly massive system does absolutely no good. What a sad mess this is.

How do you know the system does absolutely no good? Let it happen, don't give up ahead of time. The worse the thief's record, the better our chances of putting him away, or recovering the items or money. If we don't try, we lose for sure.

how do you know the system does absolutely no good? Let it happen, don't give up ahead of time. The worse the thief's record, the better our chances of putting him away, or recovering the items or money. If we don't try, we lose for sure.

^^^this^^^

maybe a knife collector here who is very savvy with a computer could send him an e mail that he opens-- an in the e mail is a nasty electronic suprise? not a bad thought i think-- there needs to be a penalty for criminal fraud-- espcially when committed on this forum.

maybe a knife collector here who is very savvy with a computer could send him an e mail that he opens-- an in the e mail is a nasty electronic suprise? not a bad thought i think-- there needs to be a penalty for criminal fraud-- espcially when committed on this forum.

That's also a crime. Just because many people get away with such things doesn't mean it's okay or legal. Two wrongs... you know.

Originally Posted by wildpig001

That's also a crime. Just because many people get away with such things doesn't mean it's okay or legal. Two wrongs... you know.

Exactly. It is a very bad thought. And Bladeforums rules specifically forbid suggesting or committing illegal acts.

Just came across this thread, and had a few suggestions to Flymon and Mike. Would it be possible to go to the post office that your package was sent through and the package that Keith sent would have been routed through and find out the weight of your package and then the weight of the package Keith sent to you? If there is a big enough discrepancy, that could be a way to show to authorities that he did not send you your knife. Just a thought that I had, hope that it helps!

Last edited:
Hmm. Im in Ma about 40 min from this clown. Lowell is a sleazy area. Known mostly for its large population of heroin and crack heads. They have also made the news for a lot of insurance fraud. I would love to tell you that I could go to his house at 2 am and drag his dirtbag rear end out but those days have passed me by. Really hope this turns out good for you guys.
Yeah, Lowell is a pretty rough area. When I was in NH in high school I was looking for a used car, any of the ones in Lowell my parents refused to take me to look at
That's absurd though, what he did. Cut and clear definition of a scumbag.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Lowell is full of sleazebags.... It's a big city full of drugs and crime. I had to go to Lowell last month on business for my company, and I have to go again next week, and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm 1 1/2 hrs from Lowell thank goodness..... Where I live right on the edge of Cape Cod is a totally different world, and class of people.

Just came across this thread, and had a few suggestions to Flymon and Mike. Would it be possible to go to the post office that your package was sent through and the package that Keith sent would have been routed through and find out the weight of your package and then the weight of the package Keith sent to you? If there is a big enough discrepancy, that could be a way to show to authorities that he did not send you your knife. Just a thought that I had, hope that it helps!

This is a good enough of an idea that I think it's worth looking into.

This guy is selling (or was I guess) a Strider SMF: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1039647-Striker-and-benchmade-for-sale
It seems really fishy and what's even more fishy is the guy who bought it and when they both signed up...
Is it possible that this is the same guy?
Probably a month ago, I emailed him about the BM Barrage and super lowballed him offering $60. A few weeks later, he said sure, and I told him to send me his PP info, but he never did. I figure, if he was gonna scam me, PP would protect me.

This guy is selling (or was I guess) a Strider SMF: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1039647-Striker-and-benchmade-for-sale
It seems really fishy and what's even more fishy is the guy who bought it and when they both signed up...
Is it possible that this is the same guy?
Probably a month ago, I emailed him about the BM Barrage and super lowballed him offering $60. A few weeks later, he said sure, and I told him to send me his PP info, but he never did. I figure, if he was gonna scam me, PP would protect me.

So, you just admitted to being a low baller, as well as willing to do business with someone you believe to be a scammer. That is eye opening.

Googled "Keith Janowicz"

. . .

. . .

. . .

Bad SCAMMER ALERT!! KEITH JANOWICZ, aka FingerBlade scammed me in ...
www.bladeforums.com/.../1018755-SCAMMER-ALERT!!-KEITH-...
20 posts - 3 authors - Dec 13, 2012
Keith Janowicz (Edited by RevDevil) Lowell ma 01851. If anyone is even speaking to this guy, end your trade now. Last edited by RevDevil; ...

Keith Janowicz - Dracut, MA | MyLife®
www.mylife.com/c-40086792650Lowell, MA. About Keith Janowicz. Keith F Janowicz was born in 1983. Keith currently lives in Dracut, Massachusetts. Before that, Keith lived in Dracut, MA from ...

TalonAirgun.com - View topic - Talon ss
www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93041&sid...
20 posts - 13 authors - Jul 19, 2009

Owner Information for: (978) 421-5939 1 address found in LOWELL ... Rate Center: LOWELL Reverse Phone ... Keith Janowicz: 978-421-5939.

Arrest Log: 3/26/2011 - Lowell Sun Online
www.lowellsun.com/skireport/ci_17706581Mar 26, 2011 – Keith F. Janowicz, 28, 107 Saratoga St., Lowell; driving with a suspended license and driving outside of marked lanes. Lowell. -- William Walter ...

Arrest Log: 5/27/2011 - Lowell Sun Online
www.lowellsun.com/aboutus/ci_18153679May 27, 2011 – Dracut -- Keith F. Janowicz, 28, 107 Saratoga St., Lowell; assault and battery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

He is apparently 30 years old.

Back