Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger

How about a Sharpfinger photodump? I took pictures of some of my knives today, plus added a picture of a 1983 K-mart 205SC that Ihave comeing.

2dtpszo.jpg
349avd2.jpg
2lk8nd1.jpg
2ege0c9.jpg
2h3vhix.jpg
352noxt.jpg
[IMGhttp://i58.tinypic.com/2j1abtj.png[/IMG]
2605ond.png
2yuc4mp.png
facz8x.jpg
2gtup1j.jpg
2zso1fq.jpg
[/QUOTE]
s5vl37.jpg
xnt853.jpg
2hs428l.jpg
167jbyb.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. It was one of the pattern collections not decimated in the Great Schrade Robbery, and very far from complete, so still a fertile ground for my collecting. A new piece here and there and it continues to grow. I do wish that other collectors of the pattern would come forward with their own collections for us to see and admire. I know they are out there because there are so many editions and SFOs out there that I have seen but missed buying for one reason or another.

The new Sharpfinger Scrimshaw 205SC (1983) knife arrived at the post office today. See if you can guess where it flew in from? At first I had trouble getting it right for the camera. It wanted to hang upside down. I finally got it right though.

2e5l078.jpg

312iv7p.jpg

This is a closeup of the art. The original drawing was done by Schrade artist Frank Giorgianni in 1983.

2dtp0z6.png

It was a special factory order produced only for K-Mart. A special thankyou for the gent who sent this to me from around the world.

I like the knife; and the mug came from the land of the Long White Cloud. (That is were God lives - or he should)

Yep. Now maybe I need to find an Aussie mug. I still have a denture storage bag a mate sent me years ago from Oz, but no mug yet.

syqj2t.png

WoW, nice collection, It answered a question I had, I picked up a NRA commemorative awhile back in a presentation box, it is numbered 1 0f 1500, I had thought that maybe I was real lucky &recieved the first one, but looking at yours that is not the case, they must not be numbered consecutively. I also like the Kmart sets, I think I still have two sets. Thanks for showing the Schrades, msn

Yep, same etch on all 1,500 knives. Well, actually more like 1,600-1,700 knives. They almost always ran extras for warranty replacements etc. They weren't serialized. Some other SFOs and limited editions were, but those were normally done with a stamp on the opposite, pile side and not with an etch. The 1984 Olympic Shooting Team knife was serialized that way.

6866uq.png

k55onl.png

Last edited:
Hello, I have looked all around the Internet and decided that you guys would have the best knowledge about this. I acquired this blade in Colorado a few years ago and was wondering how much it is worth. I'm looking at making a deer antler handle for it. Any and all info about this would be greatly appreciated!
UewgCBj.jpg

Edit: if this breaks any forum rules or is in the wrong section, feel free to remove it. I'm still new here sorry.

Hi WolfHunterzz! No, at your membership level you can't ask values. But maybe we can tell you something about it. The knife was originally intended to have a molded thermoplastic handle installed on the stick tang. I don't see why a stag handle wouldn't work. Even in factory finished form, the pattern is not a high dollar/high demand knife, so your plan for this blade will not likely be a financial disaster, nor destruction of a desirable item with historic value.

I believe this blade was intended to be a Western "WR32 Clip" with Kraton handle. I note it was also stamped for use in other lines/brandings such as their Buckmasters line, "BM32 Clip". Retail price of a finished knife in 2006 would have been about $30.

I hope this helps answer your questions about your blade. Here is a link to the 2006 Camillus catalog so you can see the finished knife for yourself:
http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Catalogs/2006 DEALER CATALOGs.pdf

Last edited:
Hi Codger, this seller has a big box of “Last one” Sharp fingers with the wooden handles.
These come with the “Last day – Final run certificates” and a box, and these knives sell well to unsuspecting kids.http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHRADE-USA...ultDomain_0&hash=item2c7f65456d#ht_821wt_1238
This seller has some “Last day” Schrade PH2s with the wooden handles too; most knives come with the “Final run certificates”.
He must have got his book of 100 certificates; when I got my book – they made up the books about a year after the factory closed down.

Yes, the post auction finished knives are pretty abundent just now. 165 pattern knives are as well. It is unknown who added the covers and where. It would make economoic sense to have the work done domesticly here I think. A pretty full variety of tang stamps are seen on these post-factory finished knives. Almost all that I see are stainless blades and seem to be factory finished. Many have "LTD" limited edition or even "UH" tang marks. As a collector, I have very little interest in them. However to be honest, I/we comprise a relatively small market segment for these knives. While some of the dealers selling these are a bit less than forthcoming about their heritage, some are pretty open about them. And they are evidently selling to someone. As for myself, I might have been more interested in a few unfinished blades as opposed to blades with non-factory handles.

As users, as long as the finisher did a workman-like job putting a final edge on them, they should work as well as the factory finished knives. Eric has in the past suggested that the heat treat and grind was done pre-closure and after some thought, I would have to agree that to most likely be the case.

Will they ever gain any collector value? I don't know. I think the certificate copies have been debunked as an indicator of anything in particular. Except maybe as a selling tool. Muddying the collector waters? Somewhat I suppose. Most serious collectors would spot the differences I think, but new collectors might be caught unaware. I mostly see them selling cheap though so even if a new collector is duped, it isn't like he is being taken to the cleaners paying premium prices for them. I am seeing the 165 patterns sell for $40-50, so that is below the 1991 MSRP of $51.95 which, inflation adjusted is $87.55 today.

Here is one I just bought, the second in the series (of four? Five?) that I have. These were, I believe, made for SMKW though I don't know exactly when. I lucked out and was the only bidder on this auction. It included some extras like the 152OT box (which I needed for another knife), a very used sheath and a lightly used second 152UH missing it's shield. All for the value (to me) of the one knife I "needed".

dxekhi.png

1zc2y6r.png

Really like that Hunters Companion 152. I had a 152 Wolverine years ago and still sort of regret passing it on to a friend. I am always a little envious when I see him using it.
Really interesting and informative thread. I have enjoyed reading the entire thread.

Jim

I like the UH Staglon handles on the three patterns, 152UH, 154UH and 158UH. I hope some day to complete this etch set and find out exactly when they were made and sold. Here is a picture from another member here of his collection of these etched knives.

2hz0ihl.png

Back