Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger

Here is the flyer for the 1975-76 first issue Sharpfinger Scrimshaw, stamped 152. The sheaths are found in both smooth black leather and elephant hide embossed.

egpn2a.jpg

I have a birthday coming up and my son in law just bought me one for my collection.

rtqasl.jpg

nqrz0l.jpg

ht6a1d.jpg

15yf606.jpg

This unfinished, 100th Anniversary Sharpfinger sold on eBay yesterday for $70.
Only a small number of bidders found this, very hard-to-find knife - The knife was missing the blade etch and the shield.
The wooden handle may have confused some potential buyers, Ken
$_57.JPG

Last edited:
The LTD tang stamp might make some bidders think. Did the original 100th Year knife have a 152OT stamp? I don't know, just asking. S70.00 seems like a good deal for the seller.

The LTD tang stamp might make some bidders think. Did the original 100th Year knife have a 152OT stamp? I don't know, just asking. S70.00 seems like a good deal for the seller.

This is a finished set in a Display Case. Codger has one of the finished Sharpfingers NIB.
I would say the Buyer got a very hard to find knife, and if he reads this Thread I will send him a shield for that knife. Ken
file.php

Last edited:
A good find! And in spite of being unfinished, it does appear to have nicely figured wood, better than many I have seen finished. 152BEM (Bird's Eye Maple) is the box nomenclature on mine.

The "Sharpfinger market" is quite depressed right now, between Christmas and tax time. My son in law just scored a NIB Ducks Unlimited edition for $50 which is not bad even though it is a very basic SFO, the production knife with only a DU blade etch.

xWaaxDU.jpg

Last edited:
I was just at a big box store and saw a Schrade old timer 152 large, it about 25 percent larger than the original.

That would be one of those chicom chitrades.:thumbdn:

To use an oft used description in this forum.:D

Don't be to tough on the China Taylor Schrades "Fatcity67" I have a good size collection of the USA 152 pattern and off rand copies.
The collection would not be complete with out a few China knives. They are cheap and so far the steel is holding up good.
All my China knives are fixed blades sharp finger 152 and deerslayer 150s. Some of the sheath of the sharp fingers are a problem. The sheath of the China 150 deerslayer are very nice. I would have to say the China Schrade 150t deerslayer is my favorite, it is stainless the USA deerslayer were 1095. I live in Florida and stainless is better most of the time. It was easy to find a stainless uncle Henry 152, try to find a stainless USA old timer 150t deerslayer

Don't be to tough on the China Taylor Schrades "Fatcity67" I have a good size collection of the USA 152 pattern and off rand copies.
The collection would not be complete with out a few China knives.
As this Forum is dedicated to Schrade knive and other Items made by Schrade, between 1904 and 2004 in the U.S.A.
We do not talk about other knives.
If anyone would like to talk about Taylor made knives, they should try and find a Forum for Taylor Knives.
I like to talk about BUCK 301 knives on this Forum, only the ones Schrade made beween 1966 and 1970.

Last edited:
To each his own but this is a subforum specifically dedicated to the history and collection of knives and products produced by the Imperial Schrade Company including all of its progenitor and affiliated companies during its lifetime and all that goes with it.

Taylor Brands Limited Liability Company products which was just wholly acquired by Smith and Wesson holding company doesn't fit within this subforum other than as a comparative afternote relative to the brands that were developed and produced by the ISC family of companies for 100 years before its demise.

Obviously IMO, BF TOS and moderator applications notwithstanding.

Last edited:
As this Forum is deercated to Schrade knive and other Items made by Schrade, between 1904 and 2004 in the U.S.A.
We do not talk about other knives.
If anyone would like to talk about Taylor made knives, they should try and find a Forum for Taylor Knives.
I like to talk about BUCK 301 knives on this Forum, only the ones Schrade made beween 1966 and 1970.

Is that one of them there uniquely Aussie evolution ungulates?:D

Last edited:
Is that one of them there uniquely Aussie evolution ungulates?:D
Sorry about my Australian Fat Fingers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat-finger_error

There is no problem with the blades made by Schrade, that were sent to China to be finished.
I would say, these knives would make a very good "User Knife"
These knives have been marketed as "Schrade Knives" or sold as "knives made before the Schade Close Down".
Some sellers have been selling them in the Original Schrade boxes.:thumbdn:

My mistake,
I though the site was decanted to the 152 knife pattern

Indeed it is as it applies to the makers of the Imperial Schrade Corporation which closed in July of 2004 during their 100th anniversary celebration. We do occasionally present info, pictures and discuss clones and customs based on the original to educate people to see the differences. And not be fooled into buying inferior products using nostalgia markings owned by merchants who have their knives made overseas. We do not promote them here as we do not consider them Schrades. But for people who don't know the difference in quality, they might do for beater knives. There are still plenty of original Sharpfingers available on the market for those who do know and care about the differences. They were made in the millions and can be found new in the box still. And adjusted for inflation, very close to their original MSRP. Consider that the originals sold back in the day, nearly 40 years ago, for the same price the cheap copies sell for today, around $20, that should tell you something. The copies, had they existed then, would have been $1+\_ knives. Worth no more.

Well not only that Codger but look at the blade on the Sharpfinger by Taylor Cutlery/BTI Tools...it's not even designed in accurate function to the original.There's a 1/4" of wasted edge before the thumb ramp on the China model.I will plead guilty to buying a few of those USA Sharpfinger blades that have been re-handled with wood scales in China.I just can't turn down the Plus Steel and original blade shape.From inspecting them they do possess the same edge angle Schrade USA did at the factory and from performance I'd bet they were heat treated in the Ellenville factory also.Those were worth the $37 a piece though as a rust resistant user for river fishing:D.I will add that a few had riveting jobs that just needed a firm palm press to tighten.Those wooden handled Plus Steel project Sharpfingers seemed to have become rare now and run about $70.

Last edited:
I had to revive this epic thread...it's worthy of resurrection. This thread has been a great read, and quite educational, to boot. Thank you Codger_64 for making it happen.

I had a 152OT for that I picked up back in the late 1980's at K-mart...just your basic Sharpfinger. While there was nothing special to it, it had become my goto knife for many jobs. I once screwed up, didn't have a proper tool available, and use it to pry off wheel cover...and snapped the tip. I took it to work, and ground a new tip, slightly radiused, and put it back into service. Not long ago, it was stolen from my truck. I tried replacing it with a cheap Taylor Brands version, not knowing the difference, and was sorely disappointed. Handle fitment, sheath construction, both left me wanting. That caused me to go on Ebay...

Today, this little gem was delivered. Judging by the sheath, it's a 1977-1983 made version. The sheath has been well taken care of, as has the blade. What you see on the blade is only staining...not rust. It's in great shape for it's age...better than what mine looked.

imagen

imagen

imagen

My wife, who loved my old 152, has told me that she wants one, too...something I plan on making happen for her next month when the funds are available. I plan on spending the rest of the afternoon working on repairing the edge. It looks like someone thought about grinding an edge, but thought against it after they started. Nothing that a a few passes across the diamond lap can't fix.

Here my well used one. It skinned hundreds of Squirrels ,Rabbits and other small game and fish.

Last edited:
Picked one up for the wife, too...since she liked mine so much. Mine is an earlier make, and her's is a later make. The handle on hers is a bit heftier, and a different color delrin. I also noticed the side of her's is slightly sunk in for some reason. Her's is on the left, and mine is on the right.
d3alKuW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back