schrade 8ot with smith & wesson blades

I see where a guy has a schrade 8ot with smith & wesson blades. He claims they are a factory error and schrade sent out a number of these before they caught there error. Has anyone heard of this before?

The Schrade Name was sold to Taylor Brands when Schrade went out of business in 2004. Taylor Brands has recently sold that name to Smith & Wesson, I would venture to say this is how the Schrade knife ended up with S & W blades

Tom

S&W bought Taylor Brands in July of 2016, not just the Schrade name. All that was Taylor's is now S&W's.

is Smith & Wesson going to continue off shore manufacture or they going to do it in the good ole USA?

Yes I know all of this about Taylor and S&W, but back to my question. Has anyone heard of this before.

I have not heard or seen this before myself. Is there somewhere I can see a picture of this knife?

Tom

That knife is not USA made. It says imported in the description, which I believe is probably the most accurate portion.

Issue resolved...As Fatcity states and the link verifies, an IMPORT Knife. I refer back to my previous post above about Schrade being owned by Smith & Wesson.

Tom

I see where a guy has a schrade 8ot with smith & wesson blades. He claims they are a factory error and schrade sent out a number of these before they caught there error. Has anyone heard of this before?

For someone that collects cheep [non USA made knives] that seller has them all.
That "Factory Error" sold for $29.
It would be hard to find a used [US made] Schrade 8OT for that price.
Some sellers on eBay, have a way with words - to sell cheep imported knives. Ken.

Back