Schrade FAQ: Is the answer to your question here? Steel, dates, models.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. Thanks for having me.
I just bought a knife I would like you all to take a look at. I have a small Schrade collection. I bought this knife on ebay, I know buyer beware on what you might end up with coming from there. It was suppose to be a NOS 834 uh trailmaster. and it looks like one except for one problem It is stamped 833 uh. Is this a fake or rebuilt? and someone didnt put the right stamp on it? I know a 833 uh is a Praire Jack and only has 2 blades. Thanks for any thoughts anyone might have. I will post a Pic If I can figure out how.
http://C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\2011-04-09 knife\2011-04-09 more knife pic\more knife pic 003.JPG

Hey guys this is my first post I have a schrader-walden 137 identical to jonnymac44's picture on "nice garage sale find" but with a steel guard I have no box sheath or papers still in pretty good condition the only real damage being a scratched thumb rest and a few indents in the leather and a few raised leather washers

Just wondering what its worth if anything thanks for your time

if you can post a photo and let us look at it. there are some many knowledgeable people here that will give you so much in history pertaining to your knife it is unbelievable.

Hey guys this is my first post I have a schrader-walden 137 identical to jonnymac44's picture on "nice garage sale find" but with a steel guard I have no box sheath or papers still in pretty good condition the only real damage being a scratched thumb rest and a few indents in the leather and a few raised leather washers

Just wondering what its worth if anything thanks for your time

Does anyone know anything about the schrade USA knife #169 with a bone handle? When was it made and how much do you think it's worth? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Mmarquis --

I've also got one of these - REALLY BEAT UP :eek:
Smaller, fixed blade - no idea of the original shape of the blade.
The shape it's in now is more like a Clam Knife, if you're familiar with that sort of cutlery.

I don't think this is from the tools group of Schrade Walden (what we normally discuss here). I believe it to be from the home cutlery group.

Just my opinion ...

Can you post a picture?

-- Howie

Hi guys! New to the collecting of schrade lives. I recently bought a schrade NY USA H-15. It seems to be quite old and was wondering if someone cold help me determine age of this knife.

Hi guys! New to the collecting of schrade lives. I recently bought a schrade NY USA H-15. It seems to be quite old and was wondering if someone cold help me determine age of this knife.

If the stamp is SCHRADE NY USA, it was made in either 1974 or 1975. They dropped WALDEN from the stamp in 1974, and 1975 was the last year of production.

H-15 9 3/4" length "Utility Hunter"; leather ring handle, aluminum guard; aluminum disc pommel.

My question was answered elsewhere. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Hi Fellow Collectors

I have nearly collected all of the Great American Outdoor Series but need the following.

1978 506 Schrade Barlow "Two Raccoons"
1982 503 Schrade Small Lockblade "Trout"
1993 513 Schrade Bearhead "Rattler"
1993 515 Schrade Lockback "Owl"
1994 503 Schrade Small Lockblade "Bass"
1996 507 Schrade Lockback "Bison"
1996 503 Schrade Small Lockblade "Salmon"

I'm an Australian Collector and can trade if I have duplicates.
My email address is,
stephen@charas.com.au

Hope that there is someone out there that can help.
Just so that you know I started collecting knives because the missers lost interest in XES

Cheers
Stephen

I just joined the Forum, so I may be doing this all wrong but this is my question:

Schrade Scrimshaw Series Barlows 1978-1986
I collect standard size 3 3/8 inch Barlow knives and have in the neighborhood of 450 different Barlow knives. I am writing today concerning the Schrade Scrimshaw Series from 1978 through 1986 [tang stamp Schrade, U.S.A. SC506]. I have the entire set but I am wondering how rare the FIRST year 1978really is. In all my limited travels (since 1990) to knife shows throughout the northeast as far south as Tennessee and my examination of ebay, I have only ever seen two Double Raccoons and I own both of them. Could anyone shed some light on how many of each year the Schrade Company produced. What do you feel the whole set is worth sold together?

1978 TWO RACCOONS
1979 ONE RACCOON
1980 DUCKS
1981 FOX
1982 SQUIRL
1983 OWL
1984 WILD BOAR
1985 PHESANT
1986 PUP AND DECOY

Thanks.
BarlowKnight

Hi Guys,
I guess I have the sharpfinger obsession disease as I spend way too much time looking for my first one to buy...
I am looking at apparantly a US made sharpfinger with imported pakkawood handles.

IF it has pakkawood handles is it likely to have a US made blade??

cheers

If you want a knife that is finished offshore, you have them identified. To my knowledge, original blades from the Schrade factory auction using most of the common Schrade tang markings have been finished and assembled offshore and then reimported for sale here. If it says "Schrade+ USA 152UH", then it is one of the unfinished blades sold during the auction, if it also has pakkawood handles with small rivets. For a few dollars more, you can get the real deal, an original Old Timer 152OT or Uncle Henry 152UH factory finished and assembled in the Schrade factory. There are still plenty available. I haven't bought them all. Yet. :)

Hi Codger,

Thanks for your reply and I suspected as much. I may win an auction for one of these and if it ends up with an import handle I may just rehandle it with something special and use it as my main hunting knife. At least I know the blade is the goods..

As for getting an original I will keep looking.

Thanks again for your help and cheers from down under..

I forgot to say.... Welcome to the forum wearthefoxhat! Please put your location in your profile so it shows. It helps with suggestions and communications. And if you will email me, I can put you on a real-deal-new-in-the-box-Sharpfinger (not mine). Click on my forum name to send an email.

Michael

WELCOME to the forum wearthefoxhat. :)
And if you will email me, I can put you on a real-deal-new-in-the-box-Sharpfinger (not mine). Click on my forum name to send an email.
I think I would take Michael up on that if you are looking for one. ;) Hard to beat the quality of the real deal. :cool:
-Bruce

There is an unbelievable wealth of information here. I appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread.

I was gifted my great grandfather's Schrade Walden 225H by my aunt. My questions are is it real? What year is it? And is the black patina harmful? It has the usual two blades of every other 225H I've seen. It has SCHRADE-WALDEN N.Y U.S.A 225H on main blade. It has what appear to be real bone scales. My main concern is that it has no lanyard hole on bottom cap. It looks just like a 225H from 1947 - mid/late 1960s. (Excluding the lack of lanyard hole, of course.)

Back