Sell Me on a Delica

Great size for EDC. Not too big, like the endura, and not too small, like the dragonfly. I, personally, find the stretch 2 to be too big also. Im more interested in pocket size, and the delica fits perfect. The blade will do all things most everybody needs out of a EDC.

For me the Delica is all about ergonomics. It fits like a glove and is just a nice knife at a great price.

I own three Delica 4's however if I didn't own one and was looking for something in that style of knife I would buy the Native 5 which features the additional finger choil allowing one to choke up on the blade. That being said, the Delica is still a great knife.

Delica is one of my favorite knives. Great cutting blade and superior ergonomics.

5xTmuuE.jpg

Nice blade and handle ratio for what it is. Simple design. Comes sharp. What's not to like?

Ga1gGrj.jpg

Lots of steels to choose from. One great benefit is I can clip it in my pocket and still put my hands inside. Other knives that are larger basically make your pocket useless to put things in because you can't get them out if the knife is in there.

2A81DB51-E533-4342-82A8-2157D0DFF944_zpsjzbjehyr.jpg

Yeah it's a great little knife which is why I have three of them. What don't you like about the Native 5?

- I don't like the pocketclip.
- I don't like the tall blade.
- I think it is to wide in pocket.
- When using the choil, the handle is way to long for my med/small hands.
- If you count the choil as part of the handle, it's a bad blade to handle ratio. Kind of a spoonknife.
- No liners(LW series)

These are very personal statements, but it is why I love the Delica over a Native.

I wonder how much weight is saved by going linerless on the LW knives? Is it really more about weight, or is it the cost of milling the G10 that is the issue. I would like to see all FRN knives with liners. Seems to me that enduras, delicas, and stretches can all have liners, FRN, and still be cheap....why not the native and manix?

I have two Enduras and, hang on a minute... six Delicas, all in FRN. The Delicas get carried far more because they are thin, light, and completely unobtrusive in deep pocket carry, yet they do most everything I need to do with a folder. As someone already said, the Delica is a magnificent, balanced design.

Reactions: 353
the new salt 2 looks sweet. I would take that over a delica hands down. Spydie edge also. Im gonna grab a yellow hawk bull and dye it neon green I think.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Thanks to the generous offer from Bikerector I am now the proud owner of a beautiful blue Delica 4. I love it so far!

Excellent thread, good info. Purchased my first Spyderco a few months back, ParaMilitary 2 Digital Camo, love it. Want another Spyderco and have been considering the Delica also.

Back