Sell Me on a Delica

Excellent thread, good info. Purchased my first Spyderco a few months back, ParaMilitary 2 Digital Camo, love it. Want another Spyderco and have been considering the Delica also.
Funnily enough, I had my Digi-Cam Para2 sitting right next to my new Delica for comparison as I read this! The PM2 is a great knife but I am quickly seeing why the Delica has reached maybe even higher levels of fame.

Funnily enough, I had my Digi-Cam Para2 sitting right next to my new Delica for comparison as I read this! The PM2 is a great knife but I am quickly seeing why the Delica has reached maybe even higher levels of fame.

That it is! Care to offer a comparison on the opening mechanism of the Delica to the PM 2 as you have both? The PM 2 opens and closes so sweetly, figure the Delica won't to that degree but, curious if they are close. Thanks!

That it is! Care to offer a comparison on the opening mechanism of the Delica to the PM 2 as you have both? The PM 2 opens and closes so sweetly, figure the Delica won't to that degree but, curious if they are close. Thanks!
Opening and closing the PM2 is a dream, as I am sure you know! Your suspicions are correct... the Delica is not so. However, I can easily (not PM2 easy, but easy enough) thumb flick, spyder-drop, and middle finger flick the Delica open. IMHO it doesn't compare to the PM2 in that respect. The compression lock with a fine tuned detent almost leaps open. But don't let that dissuade you! The Delica deployment, in my limited experience, is reliable, faster than most of us will ever conceivably actually need, and easy with one hand. Hope this helps!

Well I just payed for my second Delica. I'm not sure what that means. LOL

That's one more than I have of the PM2.

The Delica is just such a great knife to carry around. Not enough knives pay attention to how the knife carries in pocket.

Didn't read much after first post but just to put down some general opinions on what makes it a great knife is that it is so great for EDC. It isn't to large or small nor is it to heavy and can a knife be too light... I guess but it isn't that either. The blade is great utility design you can do a good variety of cutting tasks with it and I hope all you do with any knife is cut... well maybe clean dirt from under your nails. The knife just has that great versatility of a good EDC.

If you ever own one nobody will have to convince you again. :)

It's the one knife I should have bought long before I did and that I'll always buy again.

I have to say everyone, this little knife is really impressing me so far. I have been carrying it exclusively and put it through its paces a bit more today. I cut weed-eater line (probably a more correct name for this), and even took down some big weeds with the Delica itself. In our pastures we have these awful weeds that grow super fast, but are mostly water based. The Delica sliced through the bases of the weeds like butter! I have really been enjoying carrying and using only the Delica. This next week I will probably go back to my rotation (the D4 interrupted a traditional kick for me) but have no doubts that the Delica will continue to see carry. I am going on a family vacation in a few weeks, and will likely take the Delica as my only modern folder for the trip, so I look forward to that! If anyone following this thread is on the fence, go for it and get one of these blades!

I added G10 scales from bladescales and it seems to be even more rigid than before which I like. One of my favorite knives.

lets see some pictures! :)
Sergeua Sergeua

In Ghost Jade no less!:)
IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

Last edited:
Opening and closing the PM2 is a dream, as I am sure you know! Your suspicions are correct... the Delica is not so. However, I can easily (not PM2 easy, but easy enough) thumb flick, spyder-drop, and middle finger flick the Delica open. IMHO it doesn't compare to the PM2 in that respect. The compression lock with a fine tuned detent almost leaps open. But don't let that dissuade you! The Delica deployment, in my limited experience, is reliable, faster than most of us will ever conceivably actually need, and easy with one hand. Hope this helps!

Got my Delica 4 Gray today. Nice knife. Your info was dead on. It will definitely take some time to get it worked in, it was a bit tight out of the box. Thanks again.

Thanks for posting the vid, I've got some work to do with it to get that smooth. Although, I do have the spyder-drop mastered. LOL.

Back