• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sellers Beware of DZLVS8 Steve Kondel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve he decided to esculate the PayPal dispute. Now it's in PayPal hands I guess, I have given then information and a link to this thread.

It's sad it had to come to this

All I can say is karma...you screwed me on a deal and didn't ship my knife for over a month with no contact inbetween. Karma is an interesting one ;)

Guys delusional. Doesn't matter how many people point out that his argument is crap. He's just going to keep on thinking hes in the righteous corner and everyone else must be crazy. On top of it all he has a very low moral compass. Trying to tell us the seller grossly misrepresented the knife than when he tries to resell it for $100 more he states its in like new condition. Whats up with that?

All I can say is karma...you screwed me on a deal and didn't ship my knife for over a month with no contact inbetween. Karma is an interesting one ;)

Your going to be laughed at when he wins this dispute lol.

Come on!!!!! After a three day "inspection period" the deal is sealed for most. Ok, so some are a bit more tolerant and lenient and would extend the period to a week or maybe 10 days. but after that, coupled with the buyer playing Knife maker with it and the deal is sealed. The sale is consummated, game over, pay the man and if you are unhappy; well tough you know what!!

This is beyond stupid, way beyond silly and so far south of reasonable that I sat here and banged my head against the table after reading this. Did I get this straight; the deal takes place and the knife is shipped, the buyer has the knife three weeks (20 days), tinkers with it, tries to flip it and then claims foul? The buyer then makes absurd claims that should have been addressed, if they existed immediately upon delivery. After three weeks what ever is claimed is just old freaking news.

The seller is getting screwed by a disingenuous buyer who has chucked his credibility out the window and sold his integrity for less than $300. That speaks volumes in my mind and should in others as well!!!

**The above is my opinion***

I'm going to have to side with the seller on this one. Hopefully PayPal will see through the buyers nonsense.

The buyer complains about the knife but tries to sell it for top dollar as new?.. Also when asked about the benchmade says something like oops I was copying and pasting! meant to say he wants to buy one?
PayPal should look at this thread! I think it's open and shut. If you buy a knife and it arrives not to your satisfaction you don't even play with it! Don't flip it, don't use it at all! Because it's really not yours because you are returning it... For God sakes you don't disassemble it, reassemble it, try to sell it describing it as LIKE NEW!... And then return it? Wtf...cancel the PayPal dispute man, you altered the knife! You now have ownership, don't hide behind a corporate giant like a Coward. This is a private exchange with guys who work and have family's and expenses who share a passion for knives.This isn't Walmart, and honestly what you did would be stealing from Walmart too.
Why can't this guy be banned? He's a thief. It's people like this that make selling through paypal a roll of the dice. Man up and cancel the dispute!

I bought the knife in like less than a minute and someone else also jumped on it. It was a screaming deal. Other people have even mentioned mentioned in PM's to me that it was a great deal. Obviously once I decided that the satin blade wasn't nice on the knife and I wanted to resell it I'm definitely going to ask more for it becuz it was wanted so quickly online. Just becuz someone buys a knife for a certain price and tries to sell it three weeks later for a high price doesn't mean that they are trying to flip it.

I'm smart. I try to buy everything low and sell high. If you noticed. The k I've only sat at a higher price than what I paid for it, for a couple days (like on or two) then it was put back to the original selling price. Then I tried to sell it to someone locally and they said the knife looked nothing like my pics. Now we are here becuz the knife looks like crap now becuz the oil Chen put on it dried off.

Bottom line, I didn't get what I paid for. Seller lied. I don't have a history of screwing people on here! I've never had a bad sale.

If you didn't like it when you received it why'd you order a new blade and go through all of this? Why not just say it didn't meet your standards or you felt it was misrepresented? Then you could've got a refund, sent it back, and it would've been over.

I agree that I had the knife for 20 sum days but I havent used the knife or anything. Let the record stand that Chen is a liar that tries to sell knives and lie about their conditions . The way that the scales actually are was hidden from me. It took weeks for the discoloration to slowly show back up from the oil drying. Chen is a VERY dishonest seller. Nothing about snail trials, the blade being a user, or anything else means that hey lookel the scales are messed up and I his that in the pictures by oiling up the knife.

Like I said, the knife is i n the same condition as it was when I received it minus the screwed up scales. CHEN should deal with his knife. I can't resell it in the same condition he made it appear to be in unless I want to be dishonest.

...or is it OK to oil up the scales and not make any mention of the gross discoloration of the scales? If that's the case, shoot, I guess I will lie about the knife and take new pictures. Hahaha. I won't be doing that. Chen is going to get his knife back.

You are in the wrong. What you are whining about is the natural nature of micarta. If you knew anything about the material you would know what you are experiencing is just nature of the beast. And so far the only one in this thread being dishonest is you. You bought a knife and tried to resell it at a profit and are miffed when you miscalculated and found out you might not even break even. Pick yourself up, dust off and move on. But asking Chen to accept responsibility for your many mistakes is just childish. Quit stomping your feet and deal with it. And maybe read up on materials and how they react to use before buying a knife. Education will go a long way to understanding. The oil you experienced was most likely there from daily use. If you get the knife and clean the oil off you will expose the raw nature of the micarta and it will get lighter. Done like it? Put a little tire dressing on it. Which by the way is something that knifemakers do to G10 and Micarta to help give a more uniform appearance. But just like a tire it doesnt last forever and under all circumstances. Are makers now being dishonest to you and misrepresenting their products because YOU dont know or understand that? Come on man, I have seen weak arguments and I have seen epic fail arguments. There is no category for your argument.

I bought the knife in like less than a minute and someone else also jumped on it. It was a screaming deal. Other people have even mentioned mentioned in PM's to me that it was a great deal. Obviously once I decided that the satin blade wasn't nice on the knife and I wanted to resell it I'm definitely going to ask more for it becuz it was wanted so quickly online. Just becuz someone buys a knife for a certain price and tries to sell it three weeks later for a high price doesn't mean that they are trying to flip it.

I'm smart. I try to buy everything low and sell high. If you noticed. The k I've only sat at a higher price than what I paid for it, for a couple days (like on or two) then it was put back to the original selling price. Then I tried to sell it to someone locally and they said the knife looked nothing like my pics. Now we are here becuz the knife looks like crap now becuz the oil Chen put on it dried off.

Bottom line, I didn't get what I paid for. Seller lied. I don't have a history of screwing people on here! I've never had a bad sale.

Hey, self professed smart guy. Did you ever think that maybe you had a hard time reselling the knife because others may have caught on to the fact you bought it in used condition with a sharpened blade and then you disassembled the knife, did a blade swap and then tried to sell it for a hundred dollars more and somehow the condition of the knife got BETTER From when you bought it? YOU MADE MODIFICATIONS. Why is it so hard for you to accept it is your knife? You dont get to buy something and let it sit for 3 weeks while you buy new parts for it, swap those parts and not like it, put it back to original and then blame the seller when your master plan to make money implodes in your lap. Chenn didnt misrepresent anything. You just werent educated on the virtues of micarta. Given your dishonest ways and your projecting of what you THINK happened, I'm going to do a little projecting myself. I have a feeling that that knife's micarta got dark after repeated carry and oil from skin natually darkened the material. I think when you were doing one of your many tinkering sessions with the knife you used some type of cleaner on the micarta and noticed that it stripped the oils from it and you automatically assumed that Chenn had to have doctored the knife to intentionally hide the true color and condition of the micarta.

The reason I feel this way is because 1. Oil does not evaporate. It is not water. If that knife had oil purposely applied to the handle it would not simply evaporate and look dry and white like it did in your video. If it was really an oil you would have had to use a rag with some windex or other astringent cleaner to break down the oil and remove it. And 2. If you looked at a micarta knife that dark and thought that was the way it naturally looks you just dont know that kind of material. Micarta, g10 and many other materials are "dressed" by the maker to have a certain appearance and that appearance will change with use and cleaning. This is buyers remorse at best and probably the only reason you HAVE buyers remorse is because you couldnt make a profit. Deal with it. You can add me to the list of people who will avoid you like the plague.

Last edited:
Time too pipe in here Steve and answer this VERY RELATIVE
Question::::::

Quote Originally Posted by rycen ---
Can you tell me in one sentence what the seller did that was dishonest?

What do you have too defend that..??

Steve..Im not YOU..Dont want to be in your shoes..
Well because...You made your BED Now you must lay in IT.

I would quit while your ahead..
This is a NO WIN situation for you...
NADA....

PUT down the shovel and the STUFF You are pushing on all of us..
YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT--If I where you..
SLIDE out..slowly...but QUICKLY..Walls are coming down around you man........:eek:

Heres the BOTTOM LINE Steve--
Youre Shady
Trying TO Pull a fast one on others
Unsuccessfully trying to find a SCAPE GOAT for your actions
FILED an inappropriate claim with Paypal..
Marring another members name,.,
WELL because your not man enough to own your faults..

YOU Steve-dzlvs8 Are on """"MY"""
and should be on MANY involved in BF..
IGNORE LIST--Never TOO DEAL WITH in ANY MANNER...

:thumbdn:You are simply put...Bad for the GOOD FOLKS in here...:thumbdn:

Last edited:

You did get what you paid for, the seller described the knife accurately and honestly. What happened is that you don't seem to understand how Micarta reacts and that is what you basing your entire course of action on. If you want to become a knife flipper, then you have along way to go because you are going about it all wrong. You are in fact a liar, you've proven it here a few times already. Regardless of whatever Paypal decides your fate here is already decided. The way you have conducted yourself is shady and not what we expect here. By the way, I'd be curious to know what your answer is to rycen's questions, so far you have managed to dodge it twice pretty quickly. So, how about you man up and answer the question?

When you tried to sell the knife, you described it as "like new." When you want a refund, you claim the micarta scales are "only half black and half really worn and dirty." Both statements cannot be true. Will you please explain the discrepancy? To me, it looks like you are lying twice. Bottom line, you have exposed yourself as an unethical trader.

Interesting..I have worked in a machine shop for many years..I cannot remember having seen oil "dry"..

Does it evaporate? Did it get absorbed by the substrate that it was applied to?

Was it subjected to a fairly high heat where it turned to a plastic?

I am trying to understand your mind set . It appears that you must be a child . A grown man with respect and dignity for himself and others would never behave this way and would most certainly never try are screw a blade brother . Its guys like you that should be removed from the site altogether . I am not alone in my beliefs . It is your kind that make the exchange a unsafe place for respectable knife buyers and trader to operate without fear of PayPal disputes and other immoral behavior.

I am a knife maker . I have lots of ways to make Micarta look the way I want on a specific knife or project . If you want the micarta to be more uniform and light light sand it with 80 grit wash it and it will look the lightest shade of green that particular piece will be. If you want it darker goo as fine as you can . If you want it to shine go to the wheel (buffer) with some green chrome .

I don't know what your future is going to be like here after this. Most likely not favorable . It would be wise to man up drop you claim and put the knife on ebay with a accurate description. Or just keep it and use it. Whatever you do don't try and bone one of my friends or acquaintances on the forum .

Since you must've missed it the first time

Id like to know how he misrepresented the knife as well. From the way it looks to me it seems the buyer doesnt know anything about micarta and is an opportunist in the worst way. He saw what he thought was an amazing deal, and when he found out later on that he miscalculated his efforts he searched for any and every opportunity to blame the seller. But the argument is weak. Very weak. And its of no fault of the seller.

Another thing I would really like to know is just how the buyer came to the conclusion that the knife was intentionally disguised with oil to cover up the way the micarta looked. How does he know for sure that oil was intentionally applied to the handle to cover up damage or wear? And why are they so sure that its not just a case where this knife was repeatedly carried and used and the micarta darkened from exposure to body oils and or environmental conditions leading to that different look. To me it would take someone with previous knowledge of such a trick of deception to draw the conclusion that it was in fact used on that knife. Kinda like it takes one to know one. And even if oil, tire dressing or similar product was used on the handle prior to sale its usually pretty common for someone to clean a knife and present it in the best possible condition. I know when I sell a knife I try to clean it up as best as possible. But me cleaning it and making it presentable for the next owner doesnt mean I am trying to hide or cover anything up. And still anyone who knows anything about micarta should have known better. And if you DIDNT know this about micarta you should have done your homework. And please, dont think for even a FRACTION of a second do I believe the crap about cutting and pasting the 710 BS. It is just another example of the buyer trying to back peddle and dismiss his actions as innocent mistakes when I fully believe it was an attempt to cover his tracks. The buyer has shown his hand. And he has a whole deck of aces up his sleeves and the only question I have is how many times are you going to keep pulling the same card when called on it?

Man. Can't even stay consistent in the same post (see bold wording above). To the rest of us, what is happening here is pretty darn obvious. Give it up, Dude. You're in the wrong here and just making yourself look worse with each post.

a3PSaj6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back