• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sellers Beware of DZLVS8 Steve Kondel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think there is enough of a difference between the for sale pics and the video to warrant a return, but i also think he should have returned it right away if it was that big an issue. I also feel the OP should have waited for the paypal decision before starting this thread. No ones been ripped off, nobody got scammed, just a deal gone sideways. Both the OP and the buyer are people I would not do business with.
Unfortunately the knife didn't start showing these signs until the oil started to dry up. It took a couple weeks for the oil to dry and look the way it looks now.

. I understand peooels concerns about me opening the knife and I agree that in general that makes sense thwtbifbu takes. Knife apart it should be yours, but not if afterwards you find out the knife is screwed up. And that's the case here. I really don't want to waste anymore time with this here. I'm glad people find this stuff interesting and that people are so concerned with others here. It makes it a safe place to buy and sell. I might not share the same opinion on the situation on whether it should be reutnred to him based on the condition.l, but that's how I feel. Theres nothing grossly wrong with that. Its my opinion. I think its right but not everyone is eight all the time. However, Chenn lied and tried to hide the condition of his knife. That's bad. That should get him kicked or something.

Not sure why I'm here again posting. I've said the same thing over and over and over. Like I said, I'm glad so many people are concerned about transaction and peoples concerns. But I've had to state the same thing over and over and over and over here and I'm done. Its a pretty simple thing really.

However, Chenn lied and tried to hide the condition of his knife. That's bad. That should get him kicked or something.
Bolded: Both rycen and Revdevil have asked you to respond to this specifically and you have failed to do so at least 3 times.

You do realize that moderators and administrators of this forum can see original posts/threads before any edits correct? Your original listing of this knife differs from the condition you state it is in from when you purchased it, and without any disclosure of what you claim. If anything this has shown, it has shown you to be the dishonest and unethical one.

The second part of the above quote is bad indeed, but not for the OP. OP has not been the deceitful one. It seems like you are going to repeat the same phrases until you are blue in the face. Continuing to do so, no matter how many times, will not make it true.

The third part may be a likely outcome, but not for the OP.

where is the POPCORN..

You know Steve
DENIAL is a wonderful place too live
Hows that working out for you.

YOU just cant admit diddly can you...
Moderators have spoken and asked for certain things and CALLED YOU out
FLATLY called you a LIAR and deceptive..
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM... Wow.. You still are not getting the WRONG you played in this do you Steve??:barf:

Would you go buy a used camaro swap the engine, try and sell it and then ask who you bought it from to take it back three weeks later because the tires got dull?

Yup, it is your car at that point.

+1 for this post.

First time I've agreed with craytab, too! I might get off of his ignore list sometime in the near future...

Let's not go crazy here. ;) I don't know why you are on my ignore list and nor do I know why the buyer here is on my ignore list. Seems to have worked well in this instance.

I personally think there is enough of a difference between the for sale pics and the video to warrant a return, but i also think he should have returned it right away if it was that big an issue. I also feel the OP should have waited for the paypal decision before starting this thread. No ones been ripped off, nobody got scammed, just a deal gone sideways. Both the OP and the buyer are people I would not do business with.

Again, once you take the knife apart it is yours. Blade swap? Would that be customizing? Three weeks later? That is the buyers knife now.

Then you add in all the lies....

Unfortunately the knife didn't start showing these signs until the oil started to dry up. It took a couple weeks for the oil to dry and look the way it looks now.

. I understand peooels concerns about me opening the knife and I agree that in general that makes sense thwtbifbu takes. Knife apart it should be yours, but not if afterwards you find out the knife is screwed up. And that's the case here. I really don't want to waste anymore time with this here. I'm glad people find this stuff interesting and that people are so concerned with others here. It makes it a safe place to buy and sell. I might not share the same opinion on the situation on whether it should be reutnred to him based on the condition.l, but that's how I feel. Theres nothing grossly wrong with that. Its my opinion. I think its right but not everyone is eight all the time. However, Chenn lied and tried to hide the condition of his knife. That's bad. That should get him kicked or something.

Not sure why I'm here again posting. I've said the same thing over and over and over. Like I said, I'm glad so many people are concerned about transaction and peoples concerns. But I've had to state the same thing over and over and over and over here and I'm done. Its a pretty simple thing really.

Are you serious? How stupid do you think everyone here is. Your gripe is not about some fatal manufacturing flaw you discovered upon tearing down the knife. If you had taken it apart and found a crack in the blade or other defect that would actually require you to disassemble it to find that would be an entirely different conversation. Your whole gripe is that the micarta scales are more worn than the original pics portrayed. The first thing you should have done was give hat knife a thourough cleaning. This would have uncovered any of the so called defects in the micarta. Oil does not evaporate. I have knives that look jist as dark ad the day i got them but if i wrre to windex the handle it would strip any oils and you are left with a more matte dulled finish. Three weeks is too long to claim the op screwed you even if that WAS what he did which i dont think did. Bottom line is you were negligent. You failed to properly inspect the knife at the time of receipt. And obviously you had no problem with the condition when you were trying to sell it with a different blade.

Now lets pretend we live in a world where you tell the truth and oil evaporates. You expect me to believe that the whole time you were waiting for the blade the handle never showed signs of drying and you only noticed it after trying to sell it and that person returning it to you as not described? Why did you try selling it if you noticed this before selling it. Why wait until someone points it out to you? By your time line you are trying to state that for three weeks the handle experienced no change in appearance and it only showed those signs after you modified it and failed to sell it. So not only does oil evaporate bit its intelligent and chooses the day in which to do so? Man do i wish this was in W&C.

And trust me. NO ONE understands why you are repeating yourself. It didnt hold water then and even less now. The ONLY thing you are right about is that this issue is simple. Unfortunately you are incorrect as to who is to blame and who should be taking responsibility. You keep saying chenn intentionally covered up the condition. Even if that was the case you took three weeks and modified the knife to figure it out when 1 minite and some windex would have told you everything the day you received it mr knifemaker. Either way what is your proof about your accusations?

Last edited:
1 day 3 weeks.. what have you..
RULE----

Again, once you take the knife apart it is yours. Blade swap? Would that be customizing? Three weeks later? That is the buyers knife now.

Steve
YOUR KNIFE BUDDY...
END of story...................:confused:

Have you ever handled, owned. Or used a knife with a micarta handle? I could buy any knife on this forum. Any of them and three weeks later the knife will look different if i have been handling it or used a cleaner on it. Any knife with a g10, micarta or carbon fiber handle will change depending on what is on or is removed from the finish.

In 1972 I dated a girl who's Mom was as dense and numb as the Dvls8.

That's because she died in 1970.....................................

You keep insisting that the seller was dishonest and intentionally covering up a flaw and going as far as to straight up call him a liar. What you fail to understand is that this is just how micarta is and reacts to certain things. If you were really a knife maker like you claim I'm sure you would know that. If you were to use that knife for a couple weeks the oils from your hand alone would make the micarta a darker shade. The seller said it was a user..... CORRECT?? So how is he
being in any way dishonest about the condition of the knife.

Uhhh... what? 100% your knife well before this point, but this DEFINITELY seals the deal.

I believe he is referencing the extra blade he purchased and planned to install ( or did actually install depending on which version of the story you are following). The new blade likely did not have a detent hole drilled because on some higher end knives this is done on each knife individually since detent placement can vary slightly. Still it doesnt change the fact that the only reason he stopped replying is because his nose is now to long for him to be able to reach the keyboard. dzlvs8, I hereby dub thee pinocchio.

dub thee pinocchio

Love this..

pinocchio X 10

DONE DEAL...:D

You keep insisting that the seller was dishonest and intentionally covering up a flaw and going as far as to straight up call him a liar. What you fail to understand is that this is just how micarta is and reacts to certain things. If you were really a knife maker like you claim I'm sure you would know that. If you were to use that knife for a couple weeks the oils from your hand alone would make the micarta a darker shade. The seller said it was a user..... CORRECT?? So how is he
being in any way dishonest about the condition of the knife.
Lol and yes I'm really not a knife maker.

You are right.

Seller needs to own up to hiding the flaws of his knife. That's all that matters. Doesn't matter how long I had the knife.

I am going to close and stick this thread so that nothing can be edited out. We will await Paypal to decide what happens, Chenn please send me a message when you hear back. At that point we will take action on behalf of the community here.

After Steve decide to escalate His PayPal claim in order to try and get his money back. I supplied PayPal all the cuurent information as stated in this thread. A few days later PayPal contacted me saying that they decide the case in my favor and that I accurately described the item.

Even with this done, Steve still believes he is in the right which worries me for this Community and any other further transactions he may have in the future. After being caught in his own lies and still putting blame on other people, I hope nobody else in this community will have to deal with the headache of Steve Kondel aka DZLVS8.

Glad everything worked out for you. Threads like this one is very informative and important to have. I've learned a lot reading this one. The ignore feature is very helpful in choosing whom to deal with.

glad you got this solved and came out with a proper ending for yourself.

i wonder if mr. kondel realizes he's on the first page of google and yahoo with this thread. forget about his reputation in this hobby. his reactions and failures in how he dealt with this, and his attempt to harm the seller when the seller did nothing wrong....... is going to stay on the internet for life. early versions of forums i played with, that are long gone now.... in the early 1990's and everything i said are still on the internet. so be it, some folks never learn......

IMHO, PayPal made the correct decision. What happens next? Does Steve still get to trade on this forum?

Glad you were found in the right Chenn. You were clearly in the right. So what does happen now? This guy is still out there posting as if nothing happened. Folk who have not seen this thread or checked feedback might not know what keeps nd of a "member" he is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back