Sept 23-24 2017 25th Annual Settler's Day Manville RI

horseclover

Basic Member
An event I have attended and displayed at since 2003

cZ3r7dl.jpg

http://www.msrgc.com/

Most of the posse have been getting involved with the Hurstwic combat and history group with a sidebar of sudden longbow practice. It will be interesting to see if the fellows put on some demonstration. We had a bit last year.
www.hurstwic.com/

2CUlJhP.jpg

I generally have a mess of antiques and it is getting a little out of control. Adding some logistic issues this year, I will likely be cutting back on what I load out of storage. I need a plan, space and brain to continue my vice in some style. Maybe a non-profit org. The eagles likely and some reproductions. Knives, a plethora of EGW.

PkrKjjB.jpg

With some lead time, I will update any info or cancellations but I plan on at least a small table, or full blown. Life is uncertain. Let me know if one would like to participate in display. The club is wide open to any and all vendors/activity, just let them know. Lots of area(s) to set up. There is a regular blacksmith and reenactors, some camping out for the weekend.

Cheers

GC

We're about a month out from this. If it is torrential rain, I may cancel or be inside. Sprinkles and showers outside but probably not set up with tables, just tailgating.

That said, we'll vote for a crisp, sunny, equinox weekend.

Cheers
GC

This is still a go for me but my partners from past years aren't going to show. As a result there will be less of the reproductions and my own load smaller. I will still have a good show of antiques with a couple of reproduction mortuary swords, along with some of the knives. So, mostly swords from about mid 18th century through the mid 19th century. I will be packing fewer of everything. The weather should be fine.

Cheers

GC

A belle to the ball this year is a sabre sold by the Wolfe family in NYC during the 1820s.
cvkiFx2.jpg

OSjpqEj.jpg

m05r0U2.jpg

Also a hard find in adopting a highly polished Gilbreath folder to cuddle with the matte example I bought a long time ago.
GESSfMj.jpg

GESSfMj.jpg
IO2ZL6q.jpg

The overall event there popular with the other activities up the range, etc. Stop by if you are near or just out in NE for a day trip.

Cheers

GC

Back