Sharpening video is up

Wow.....I just sat down and watched this....Great Video Scott!! This will help me out alot!

Very helpful sharpening tutorial Scott. I really like how this method can be used in the field as easily as at home. The mousepad/sandpaper method just wasn't cutting it for me...this just seems to make it so much easier to be precise in hitting the very edge of the blade.

Since this is a sticky and easy to find, I thought I'd include a link to your part 2 sharpening video in this thread.

Scott Gossman Sharpening Tutorial Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0pM-QoGvZk

Thanks for taking the time to put these up for us Scott!

Last edited:
Well.....I've gone and let my Tusker get as dull as a river rock and one of my projects this weekend is to get it back in shape. Kinda wish I had a belt sander.........

if you were have just 1 sharpener in your kit would you go with the Eze Lap rod or the DMT diafold?

That's a tough one but I'd say the DMT since it has fine and super fine grits. The EZE Lap rod would work too if you stropped on your belt or pants.
Scott

Excellent! I've got the Diafold C/F and XF/XXF, but I have yet to use them. I know I'm not going to lug my bench stones into the woods, but I haven't gotten around to learning how to use the Diafolds. I've been thinking that I'll just "wing it" when I get there. But watching you do it helps a lot. So thank you for making this video.

Back