• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Shepardcc scam

My guess is he is simply writing it off, he has my name, email, and even the exact date and amount of the paypal transaction. Should be able to find simply and refund but I don't hold out high hopes.

To all members that have an unsolved with Eric from Shepard please pm me and I will do my best to correct. Eric cannot receive or send back pm's because he has been suspended. I am trying to please the members as best I can. There are no promises that I will be able to solve the problem but I will do my best. When sending me a pm please do not do it in an angry manner, that will only make a crappy situation more difficult situation worse. You can also e-mail me if you wish @ mj21361@gmail.com I thank you for your patience.

If the folks that are owned a product or money would reply here as they receive either or simply communication from Eric, it would be appreciated. That is going to be factored into whether he is allowed back or not.
I put in a thread at the bottom of page 9 to all members that have an issue with Eric to PM or e-mail me and I will do my best to rectify the situation. I became a gold member last night in order to be able to do this
Thanks Mike Joseph

I put in a thread at the bottom of page 9 to all members that have an issue with Eric to PM or e-mail me and I will do my best to rectify the situation. I became a gold member last night in order to be able to do this
Thanks Mike Joseph

Did he ask you to do this?

Even if he says Eric did, how can we verify his word without having Eric himself confirm it.

I'd suggest anyone not to disclose full personal nor payment info to this person at this point.
Eric can easily set up a new Gmail account himself and communicate directly to his waiting customers.
Or, at least ask a member of his family (not a stranger) to do so, if he has some disability at the moment.

Having said that, he seems to be quite active on Instagram, posting pics yesterday. I do not understand what is going on. Very incoherent.

Last edited:
Even if he says Eric did, how can we verify his word without having Eric himself confirm it. I'd suggest anyone not to disclose full personal nor payment info to this person at this point. Eric can easily set up a new Gmail account himself and communicate directly to his waiting customers. Or, at least ask a member of his family (not a stranger) to do so, if he has some disability at the moment.

EXCELLENT advice/Word of caution! :thumbsup:

Ray

If you need verification you can ask Brentd86. I have given members an option. I have not asked you for keys to the vault I am just asking for info that would get the situation rectified. If you don't want to avail yourself
of this option that is up to you. I have no ulterior motives I am just trying to be helpful and be an active part of the community.

No he didn't. It was my idea
A word of caution:
Deciding to become the middleman/fixer for a fellow who is up to his eyeballs in a mess of his own making is only going to cause you frustration and grief, as well as make you look at the very least "weird" and more than likely as somebody pulling some sort of scam. I'd advise you to extract yourself from the entire thing ASAP and let Mr. Sheppard fix his own problem if he's so inclined.

While I appreciate your generosity, I do not understand why you are willing to get yourself involved in this.

What would you do? Call him?
Can you just give us his contact, so that waiting customers can call him out directly?

Again, he is active on Instagram. Why not he does it himself?

A word of caution:
Deciding to become the middleman/fixer for a fellow who is up to his eyeballs in a mess of his own making is only going to cause you frustration and grief, as well as make you look at the very least "weird" and more than likely as somebody pulling some sort of scam. I'd advise you to extract yourself from the entire thing ASAP and let Mr. Sheppard fix his own problem if he's so inclined.

My point exactly.

Are you willing to take the full responsibility? What would you do if someone send you a full bank account info, credit card info for refund, or an invoice?

If not, don’t get yourself involved. Just a piece of advice.

If you need verification you can ask Brentd86. I have given members an option. I have not asked you for keys to the vault I am just asking for info that would get the situation rectified. If you don't want to avail yourself
of this option that is up to you. I have no ulterior motives I am just trying to be helpful and be an active part of the community.

I do not need verification. I was just interested in your motivation here. Now that you've expressed it, look up "Karpman drama triangle" if you don't know what it is. It won't take but a minute or two to get the basic understanding of what will happen here if you do not extricate yourself. I get that you may have good intentions. Help yourself and let Eric help himself...by himself. You will be doing yourself and him a favor in the long run. Just my .02.

No he didn't. It was my idea

I'm certain that you're intentions are 100% noble, emjay. Regardless, please follow OTE's wisdom this time. v

look up "Karpman drama triangle" if you don't know what it is. I get that you may have good intentions. Help yourself and let Eric help himself...by himself.

Theory:
Karpman used triangles to map conflicted or drama-intense relationship transactions.[2] The Karpman Drama Triangle models the connection between personal responsibility and power in conflicts, and the destructive and shifting roles people play.[4] He defined three roles in the conflict; Persecutor, Rescuer (the one up positions) and Victim (one down position). Karpman placed these three roles on an inverted triangle and referred to them as being the three aspects, or faces of drama. Karpman, who had interests in acting and was a member of the Screen Actors Guild, chose the term "drama triangle" rather than the term "conflict triangle" as the Victim in his model is not intended to represent an actual victim, but rather someone feeling or acting like a victim.[2]

1. The Victim: The Victim's stance is "Poor me!" The Victim feels victimized, oppressed, helpless, hopeless, powerless, ashamed, and seems unable to make decisions, solve problems, take pleasure in life, or achieve insight. The Victim, if not being persecuted, will seek out a Persecutor and also a Rescuer who will save the day but also perpetuate the Victim's negative feelings.
  2. The Rescuer:

Karpman drama triangle The rescuer's line is "Let me help you." A classic enabler, the Rescuer feels guilty if he/she doesn't go to the rescue. Yet his/her rescuing has negative effects: It keeps the Victim dependent and gives the Victim permission to fail. The rewards derived from this rescue role are that the focus is taken off of the rescuer. When he/she focuses their energy on someone else, it enables them to ignore their own anxiety and issues. This rescue role is also very pivotal because their actual primary interest is really an avoidance of their own problems disguised as concern for the victim’s needs.
  3. The Persecutor: The Persecutor insists, "It's all your fault." The Persecutor is controlling, blaming, critical, oppressive, angry, authoritative, rigid, and superior.
Initially, a drama triangle arises when a person takes on the role of a victim or persecutor. This person then feels the need to enlist other players into the conflict. As often happens, a rescuer is encouraged to enter the situation.[5] These enlisted players take on roles of their own that are not static, and therefore various scenarios can occur. For example, the victim might turn on the rescuer, the rescuer then switches to persecuting.

The motivations for each participant and the reason the situation endures is that each gets their unspoken (and frequently unconscious) psychological wishes/needs met in a manner they feel justified, without having to acknowledge the broader dysfunction or harm done in the situation as a whole. As such, each participant is acting upon their own selfish needs, rather than acting in a genuinely responsible or altruistic manner.[citation needed] Thus any character from all of three in this triangle might "ordinarily come on like a plaintive victim; it is now clear that the one can switch into the role of Persecutor providing it is 'accidental' and the one apologizes for it".[5]

The motivations of the rescuer are the least obvious. In the terms of the drama triangle, the rescuer is someone who has a mixed or covert motive and is actually benefiting egoically in some way from being "the one who rescues". The rescuer has a surface motive of resolving the problem and appears to make great efforts to solve it, but also has a hidden motive to not succeed, or to succeed in a way that they benefit. For example, they may get a self-esteem boost or receive respected rescue status, or derive enjoyment by having someone depend on them and trust them – and act in a way that ostensibly seems to be trying to help, but at a deeper level plays upon the victim in order to continue getting a payoff.[citation needed].

In some cases, the relationship between the victim and the rescuer can be one of codependency. The rescuer keeps the victim dependent on them by encouraging their victimhood. The victim gets their needs met by having the rescuer take care of them.

In general, participants tend to have a primary or habitual role (victim, rescuer, persecutor) when they enter into drama triangles. Participants first learn their habitual role in their family of origin. Even though participants each have a role with which they most identify, once on the triangle, participants rotate through all the positions, going completely around the triangle.[6]

Each triangle has a payoff for those playing it. The antithesis of a drama triangle lies in discovering how to deprive the actors of their payoff.[2]

^^^ I'm confused. What side of the triangle does Eric fall- the victim? :confused:

Is RevDevll, the Persecutor? :D

I'm certain that you're intentions are 100% noble, emjay. Regardless, please follow OTE's wisdom this time. v

^^^ I'm confused. What side of the triangle does Eric fall- the victim? :confused:

Is RevDevll, the Persecutor? :D

LOL, that is a perspective I had not anticipated. :D

It seems as though you guys are not interested in solving this and that is okay with me. By the way Kelama your example is good for someone that has Stockholm syndrome I am merely trying to act as an arbitrator.
Arbitrators are not legally responsible for the after effects of the decision. If you guys are uncomfortable with the offer I officially extricate myself from the situation. I guess Brent will be the only one to receive closure from my assistance. It actually seems that you have an agenda which is to get him bounced from the Forum. If that's what you want it will probably happen at this rate and you all can sleep better at night.

It seems as though you guys are not interested in solving this and that is okay with me. By the way Kelama your example is good for someone that has Stockholm syndrome I am merely trying to act as an arbitrator.
Arbitrators are not legally responsible for the after effects of the decision. If you guys are uncomfortable with the offer I officially extricate myself from the situation. I guess Brent will be the only one to receive closure from my assistance. It actually seems that you have an agenda which is to get him bounced from the Forum. If that's what you want it will probably happen at this rate and you all can sleep better at night.

A little salty there, it makes it seem like you have some exterior motive to get so frustrated at the thought of Eric getting banned for good.

Back