Shirogorov Mayo Dr. Death CF Review

I got a Shirogorov Mayo Dr. Death CF. It was a real stretch to my budget. In fact it will probably stop all future knife purchases for a few months. But I got a good price and this knife has been my holy grail for a while.

Problem is that this holy grail did not live up to its price.... at least not until I worked on it. The looks of this knife is 5 stars. The way it feels in my hand is 5 stars. But the knife action, which is very important to me, was like 2 stars. It had lockbar stick, there was no gravity drop close, and half my flips ended with the knife halfway open (unless I flcked my wrist).

The good news is that I found some solutions to most of the problems and I really enjoy the knife.... but its not the holy grail..... maybe a Rask??

Here is my review.

from the video it looks ok. but you cannot compare this flipper with the other shiros - the design itself makes it less of a hard flipper - the flipper tab, and the lightweight blade provides a challenge.

My Mayo Dr Death Jr would flip like a rocket ship with zero wrist action, it was IKBS.

Back