Shiv uses

That piece by Nathan, as quoted, comes not from my memory or server memory but from Nathan's memory. I had asked him a few questions over time but had more to discuss about what turned out to be the switchover from A2 to 3V. That piece was quoted directly from the conversation with Nathan, so certainly no credit is due me for the content or quality of presentation, both highly informative. All credit due to Nathan.

Hopefully, Nathan has saved some of his own material because it'll be such a huge loss of transferable knowledge if that past content is irretrievable from the old BFC :(

Hopefully, Nathan has saved some of his own material because it'll be such a huge loss of transferable knowledge if that past content is irretrievable from the old BFC :(

Hell, I'm not even sure he has originals or copies of his own many patents, LOL. I would imagine he would consider saving papers of old designs/processes as superfluous, rather having retained them in his head.

^ sad indeed, and the same with the metaphor which you chose :(

Mat, I seldom edit anything except for spelling or grammar. I can tell by your comment, and the speed with which you follow the thread, that you - probably the only one that fast - read the first metaphor, which I edited out for a more appropriate comment, but also saw the replacement edit.

Indeed Bob. As you know, I'm semi-retired (no word gymnastics please :D ) and I work in front of a computer so I wait for new posts with bated breath. Edit noted :)

This. Is epic defined.
Oh it at least doubles your sex appeal. It tripled mine.

Owning a Shiv:
Your passport requires no photograph
Superman has pajamas with the CPK logo
You no longer need to wait 15 minutes after finishing a meal before returning to the pool
When a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, you can hear it
Sharks have a week dedicated to the Shiv
You can bowl overhanded
In museums, you're allowed to touch the art
You're allowed to talk about the fight club...

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

They do look almost alike, obviously from the same hunk of cocobolo, but one is just a bit more figured than the other.

I am going to try to contribute one post a day to see what interest others might have, given that it was suggested. Some of them I do not have good closeup images of, so it will help me achieve that goal, at least.

And remember what Nathan always said about owning a Shiv: "Oh it at least doubles your sex appeal. It tripled mine."

Hey, everybody, roll out those Shivs and UFs you have, let's see them!

Last edited:
Still wondering if Nathan would Consider one more run (Pre-order) of Shivs? Going to change one set of Black Canvas to Brown and Black G10 scales with Stainless fasteners

I could see him make a small run and have a couple sales, but my gut tells me that a pre-order would never be something he would do on the Shiv, but what do I know. Hey, looking forward to seeing that new set of scales, which as I recall are the same as the ones on Mat and mine, but without the milling?

I believe there are just 2 UF in existence, and those 2 have "custody" for a month at a time.

They sure don't pop up often. One sees very few around. I have a second one but it is currently being held captive :);):mad::D and I've forgotten what it l:Doks like.

I could see him make a small run and have a couple sales, but my gut tells me that a pre-order would never be something he would do on the Shiv, but what do I know. Hey, looking forward to seeing that new set of scales, which as I recall are the same as the ones on Mat and mine, but without the milling?
Bob they are milled but do not have the deep scallops, so I am not sure, have not received them yet, they are going to ship with the 2 HDFK's:thumbsup::cool:

A very nice set Bob. Although my own personal proclivities and color preferences are toward the darker colors, I must admit that those CPKs look great as you have presented them. BTW, congrats on the very nice snag of your Shiv # 1,436,852 from yesterday's :D

Back