Shop closed for the summer

m. wohlwend

BANNED
I am headed to the midwest to fish and scout for a small farm....

Sent out lots of knives today...

Sent out some email too...

The orders that don't get finished will get refunds....

my phone works guys. 559-972-5084. Text or call if ya need something.

I am headed to the midwest to fish and scout for a small farm....

Sent out lots of knives today...

Sent out some email too...

The orders that don't get finished will get refunds....

Good luck Mark. Hope to see you back here active in the fall.

Brian

Mark,
On the new show "Mountain Men" one of their locations is northwestern N.C. If you like the woods/mountains I still think it's one of the best places you could be. I don't know zip about land prices/taxes in that area, though. One small town(Popular, N.C.) just hosted an antique/hotrod show on t.v. last week.......neat area, so I thought it would be worth checking into. I do know someone from/born in Duluth, MN. & reared in a small town just north of Minneapolis & he says it's a freezer in the winter(he now lives in Tampa). Good luck w/whatever place you choose & hi to everyone for me. Bill

Mark,
On the new show "Mountain Men" one of their locations is northwestern N.C. If you like the woods/mountains I still think it's one of the best places you could be. I don't know zip about land prices/taxes in that area, though. One small town(Popular, N.C.) just hosted an antique/hotrod show on t.v. last week.......neat area, so I thought it would be worth checking into. I do know someone from/born in Duluth, MN. & reared in a small town just north of Minneapolis & he says it's a freezer in the winter(he now lives in Tampa). Good luck w/whatever place you choose & hi to everyone for me. Bill

I will check the prices Bill! Thanks! I will call soon!

I spelled it wrong; it's Poplar & it's north of Asheville on the Tenn. line. The area around Boone, N.C. is nice, but again, I don't know anything about schools, land prices, taxes, etc. Just thought living in/near the mountains would get you away from the heat/humidity for the summer & the winters would be much milder than norhern Michigan/Minn. Dan Winkler(M.S.) lives in Blowing Rock, N.C. which is just south of Asheville.........very nice! I know the Asheville/Hendersonville area is crowded, though. Later, Bill

Good luck on finding a place Mark & thanks for getting the little guy in the mail.
Me thinks you should have stayed in MO. though,I here it's pretty cheap cost of living out there.

OH,and the Smokies are great,I always loved camping at a spot called Bald Mtn. when I was in the M.C. out there.

East TN is a beautiful place. We have enjoyable gun laws too if that's your thing :)

Have a good summer. Good luck with the search and I hope to purchase one of your knives soon!

I know its an older thread, but the area surrounding Asheville, hendersonville, North Carolina is amazing! The mountains are beautiful, the people are pretty laid back, and the weather is pretty nice. i hope to mive that direction upon retirement Good Luck!

Anybody got their ordered knives or refund yet? Tried to text Mark again but no response. Getting kind of frustrated. Two deposits......no nothing.......

nope.... i have 2 paid orders and heard nada....:thumbdn: id just like a refund at this point... not happy

Summer's over,kids are back in school.....time to make some knives Mark.!!!

I hope you've found a place to hang your hat & set up the blue box.

Must have been a great summer, spending all our deposits, traveling the country, laughing it up........great knife maker turned horrible businessman turned thief.

The phone number works guys. I've called Mark multiple times this summer; he has answered each one of my calls (usually on the first or second ring) and spoken with me every time.

Give Mark a call. I just got off the phone with him.

I chatted with Mark a bit last night. I've got an order in with him, it's been there for a while and it'll be a while until I see a knife, but I have absolutely zero concerns that eventually I'll get it. Until then I've got other knives.

Sounds like it boils down to him and his large family struggling to make ends meet, so they're focused on that right now. Once they get settled, they'll get the knife making tools and materials and Mark will get back to it. He told me realistically it'll probably be early next year for my knife.

He emphasized that his phone is the way to go to contact him, and that anyone who wants their deposit refunded will get a refund.

I just talked to Mark about getting a refund on my order and he is sending out one of my knives next week and im going to wait on the other knife. He wanted me to let everyone know that he will be sending out refunds. He said he does not have internet access and to call or text his phone number if you were waiting on something.

Back