2011-12-26113726.jpg
2011-12-26113802.jpg
2011-12-26113554.jpg
2012-04-19172214-1.jpg
2012-05-05184411.jpg
2012-04-29165455.jpg
1338678636730.jpg
1344519768091-1.jpg

Nice, clean shop. You always keep it like that, or just clean it up for the photos, haha? :D

Nice, clean shop. You always keep it like that, or just clean it up for the photos, haha? :D

It usually stays pretty much like that. But its not as clean as it looks. I got a 8yr. old son that cleans it up from time to time for allowance money. He's been slackin on me recently though.

It usually stays pretty much like that. But its not as clean as it looks. I got a 8yr. old son that cleans it up from time to time for allowance money. He's been slackin on me recently though.

I'm afraid he'll have to take a cut in pay.

Great looking shop Todd! Especially like the pic of you pulling that M18 out of the oven!:)

Your shop looks awesome, Todd.
Congrats on the new custom subforum!

Wow, that's a fantastic shop! I'd probably spend all of my free time in a place like that.

One question, probably stupid, but what do you use a mill for in knife making?

Wow, that's a fantastic shop! I'd probably spend all of my free time in a place like that.

One question, probably stupid, but what do you use a mill for in knife making?

well, when i bought the mill i didnt buy it specifically for knifemaking. But it can be used for a lot of things. Ive cut bloodgrooves (fullers). sometimes i use weird angles on my guards and i use it. some poeple make folder parts with them which I havent got into yet but sure I will eventually. I most recentally used it to cut the dovetail on the brassback bowie knife that is on the homepage of my website. lots of stuff really. as long as your willing to devote the set up time. its funny. most poeple ask about the shovel on the wall!:D

I just realized the most utilized piece of shop equipment is not in these pictures. The bottomless beer cooler!

well, when i bought the mill i didnt buy it specifically for knifemaking. But it can be used for a lot of things. Ive cut bloodgrooves (fullers). sometimes i use weird angles on my guards and i use it. some poeple make folder parts with them which I havent got into yet but sure I will eventually. I most recentally used it to cut the dovetail on the brassback bowie knife that is on the homepage of my website. lots of stuff really. as long as your willing to devote the set up time. its funny. most poeple ask about the shovel on the wall!:D

The shovel I understand. From what I gather from the snark threads, it gets pretty deep in that shop!

Thanks, that was good info, for sure. I have no aspirations to make a go at making and selling knives, but I am working my way towards making a couple as projects for myself.

The shovel I understand. From what I gather from the snark threads, it gets pretty deep in that shop!

Thanks, that was good info, for sure. I have no aspirations to make a go at making and selling knives, but I am working my way towards making a couple as projects for myself.

Cool. Let me know if I can be of any help to ya with those projects.

I just realized the most utilized piece of shop equipment is not in these pictures. The bottomless beer cooler!

Double D brings up a excellent point. Every year I try to upgrade or put something new in the shop. This summer was a small beverage fridge and 2 window unit AC's for the hot june and july months. I know its not quality beer. But I'm not runnin a 5 star hotel either!
2012-08-18163428_zps3fa4fdaf.jpg

Double D brings up a excellent point. Every year I try to upgrade or put something new in the shop. This summer was a small beverage fridge and 2 window unit AC's for the hot june and july months. I know its not quality beer. But I'm not runnin a 5 star hotel either!
2012-08-18163428_zps3fa4fdaf.jpg

Nothing wrong with Bush Light.

Wow, great shop!

Making me jealous. I like the way you have everything broken down into different areas.

I am still learning about the equipment options. I noticed you have two drill presses. The larger blue one looks like it also has some milling type capabilities with the sliding baseplate?

Now i just need to get you some real beer for that fridge!:) I do see some yuengling in hand I am definitely down with that

Wow, great shop!

Making me jealous. I like the way you have everything broken down into different areas.

I am still learning about the equipment options. I noticed you have two drill presses. The larger blue one looks like it also has some milling type capabilities with the sliding baseplate?

Now i just need to get you some real beer for that fridge!:) I do see some yuengling in hand I am definitely down with that

Well bigjuice, the one that you are calling "The larger blue one" is in fact a Mill. while it is capable of drilling, it is not what its made to do. Its much easier to use the drill press to do the drilling functions. As far as the beer. Id have Yuenglings in it at all times if it was up to me. unfortunately, it is not sold in my state. only when i travel to the neighboring Ohio is when I pick it up.

Back