• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

shout out for TSA knives

A while back I acquired a Trestle Pines Grand Portage. A Barlow with a caplifter/screwdriver.
When I got it I noticed the caplifter didn't have much snap and seemed gritty. No big deal, I cleaned it and lubed it and opened and closed it and finally it got a snap in it. Not as good as I'd like but doable.
Well the back spring broke for no apparent reason on the caplifter, So I emailed Gregg at TSA and asked how the situation should be handled.
Gregg emailed me back within a couple of hours and said he never had a problem with the knives before and that he's sending out a replacement along with a return envelope to send back the broken knife!
The replacement arrived with all the walk and talk on both blades that's expected, and I inserted the broken knife in the accompanying envelope and sent it back.
How do you top that for service? I was expecting to have to send the broken knife in first and then have to wait. I contacted Gregg last Wednesday and the replacement showed up on Saturday, I even had a tracking number. In fact I punched up the tracking number on Saturday and was surprised when it said that the knife had been delivered, so I ran to my mail box and there it was.
Anyway, just thought TSA needed a shout out for that level of service.

It's great hearing news of excellent customer service like that!

Back