Show me some handles and sheaths! Help me decide...

Trying to figure out what handles and sheaths I want to put on my GSO 13 and 3.5 pre-orders. I want to match them and mount them together, so the handles and sheaths should be the same colors. Dying to see some color combinations from the S!K fans here! Help a brother out?

So I have lots of knife pictures, but few with the sheath for some reason. I'll see what else I can find. In the meanwhile, here's camo G10 with an aftermarket sheath that's very similar (or maybe the same) as the FDE

asOW1Uq.jpg

A couple more. Natural canvas and fde

Wc5TQsBl.jpg

Black canvas with black and Camo canvas with fde

Im46avUl.jpg

There's a 4.1 in there with some sagewood leather. I think it's green canvas but not 100% sure as I bought it second hand. Also, another shot of the 3.5 camo g10 with the factory fde sheath this time, and the 2.7 natural/fde

XBtUmXZl.jpg

Nice ones, Hard Knocks!

Btw, here are the current handle options for pre-orders in the GSO 12:

Natural Brown Canvas
Green Canvas
Black Canvas
Camo Canvas
OD Green Linen
Black Linen
Red Linen

The 3.5 has those and also the following G10 options:
Black G10
Orange G10
Ghost Jade G10
3 Color Camo G10
Black & Orange G10
Black & Red G10
Black & Blue G10

I already have a few in natural canvas, one in jade G10, one in bone linen, and a couple on order in black canvas... tbh I wish there were some more options in the linen micarta. Love how that stuff feels. I guess that since I will match them, I'm going to most likely go with one of the three linen choices. Maybe the red? But it doesn't seem like it would match any of the sheaths very well.

Last edited:
I picked red linen for my 4.1 it looks great with a black sheath. The red does tend to be a bit more pink than red since its matte but with a little buffing I can see it being bright red.

Here is my old spec (no texturing) red linen handle. Other than the pictured factory second, I ordered all black handles and black sheaths. Lately I've been liking the look of the lighter, natural micartas and the functionality of the orange g10.

My original order with green kydex

Black

FDE

Aftermarket kydex, possibly close to S!K coyote

I haven't tried any of S!K's linen. I tried some on a couple Bark Rivers but it was really slick. But maybe that was just the level of polish on them. I guess I should try some of Guy's with the texturing. I've always liked the look of the red linen/black sheath combination or even the red&black g10/black sheath combination. That's what one of my 5.1s was supposed to have, but there were fitment issues and I ended up going with black canvas instead. That was my attempt at branching out lol :D

Maybe the red is a bit too flashy for me... I like it a lot, but I tend to prefer more natural aesthetics over time. I love the natural canvas of S!K, so perhaps I will go with that + coyote or FDE sheaths, which on one hand seems a bit dull, but at the same time should look nice on the hip or on my pack, and I'll never get tired of looking at them. I can see this being my go-to duo for all camp outings, so I guess I don't want to try to go too splashy here.

Maybe camo canvas so it's not the most boring color combo possible? lol. I have to decide soon, before the pre-orders end, but it's hard to do!

Maybe the red is a bit too flashy for me... I like it a lot, but I tend to prefer more natural aesthetics over time. I love the natural canvas of S!K, so perhaps I will go with that + coyote or FDE sheaths, which on one hand seems a bit dull, but at the same time should look nice on the hip or on my pack, and I'll never get tired of looking at them. I can see this being my go-to duo for all camp outings, so I guess I don't want to try to go too splashy here.
I don't think a natural handle with coyote sheath is too plain. It's a nice, neutral look and doesn't scream tactical ninja murder weapon. Camo is also good! Where camo micarta was common in the old spec line, camo g10 seemed pretty popular with the new spec. Really can't go wrong as long as you like it!

Back