Show me your Blackwoods!

Neil just sent me this pic:

dbmh.jpg

Neil said that S30V is a real bear to work with, especially to put a hand rubbed finish on. :(

I am looking forward to getting the knife though.

Dennis,

...And we will be waiting for your thoughts after you have put it to some use!

Please let us know.

Thanks,
Michael

I think I remember using another "B" word?? My arms are ready to fall off, I can hardly type :(

Neil

I took the opportunity of an awesome snow storm today to shoot some pictures of my newly aquired Neck Ninja HD and the 4 sheaths I made for it.

Pic 1 is a Fallkniven Style open top dangler in 10-11 oz. leather
Pic 2 is a vertical Kydex with web loop and thumb lug
Pic 3 is a standard horizontal Kydex
Pic 3 is a elastic looped quick draw with Kydex sheath & static line

This knife has become my favorite fixed blade and is the perfect size for every task I will use it for. I have one or two more sheath designs in mind for it but just have not had time to make them.

Neils praise is well deserved as he makes a fantastic knife. Now I just need him to make me a folder... ;)

Chad,

Awesome sheaths!! What IS that white stuff in the pictures?? Actually, we had FROST here last night, I had to fire up my propane fish cooker to thaw out my shop this morning :(

Neil

Just wanted to add a couple more pics to the thread. Trying to keep a collection of Blackwood pics together.

This is a medium hunter in S30V, it has a 4" blade. It is a better example than above of what my medium hunter looks like:

jcmhs30v.jpg

This is a small hybrid in S30V, it has a 3.5" blade and is 8" overall. The scales are black/gray g-10. I got this one to compliment my medium hunter. Hey any excuse to buy another one is a good excuse. :D

dbhybrid.jpg

Unfortunately this one isn't mine :(

I wanted to put a pic in the Blackwood thread anyway. This is a Melee in 440V.

440vmelee2.jpg

I have this one inbound... :D

It's a Mini Neck Ninja that Neil made for me because I begged him ;)

I wanted a smaller version of my Neck Ninja HD shown above. This one has a blade a little over 2.5" with an OAL of 6".

I don't think he'll be making any more than the 4 he did already (which I believe are all accounted for) so this one is extra special IMO.

I've been looking at those two knives all day. Pretty productive day in the shop!!

The Melee is a Dogget inspired Blackwood. Bob had a knife in the same handle material and lanyard hole configuration at his shop when I visited him last month. It looked SO nice, I HAD to do one myself.

I really like the 440V. I had my old metalurgy teacher help with the heat treat based on Crucibles spec sheat. Once he read the sheet he immediatly new more about the material than I did :rolleyes: I wish I had 1/10th of the metalurgy knowledge he has!! It takes a VERY, SCARY sharp edge.

The Mini Ninja was fun to make but with my folders in process and larger knives to make, it will be a WHILE before I make anymore :( MAYBE a semi custom version for pre-holiday delivery later this year?? Just an idea, they are a neat little, handy knife !!

Thanks for posting the pics guys,

Neil

Streetsboro isn't too far from Cincinnati... Chad what time do you leave for work in the morning and where do you plan on keeping that knife??? ;)

Matthew:rolleyes:

Credit for this idea goes to Cliff Stamp, it's a mini Hawksbill model. Rag micarta scales. Sorry about the scan, I should take a new picture of this beauty. :)
Blackwood2.jpg

S30V Medium Tactical w/ Redwood Burl

Attachments

• blackwood01.jpg
    blackwood01.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 452
ohmygod!! that mini mini HD ninja is sooo cute! :)

and that skeleton tactical aint too shabby either!! coolness Dr. B

God I HATE Barbara Streisand :barf:

Raimund,

That pic brings TEARS to my eyes, I lost mine, JUST LIKE THAT ONE but in Stellite while fishing last year :(

Ray,

How much do you want for that EARLY HGT???

Mr Rosvall,

I still have burn marks on my fingers from grinding those hawkbills. I have the origial Cliff Stamp one here in the shop and I BETTER get his replacement to him ASAP!!!!

Thanks for the memories guys!!

Neil

Back