Show me your Blackwoods!

The original American Ninja! I know where to get one of there. I'm not selling it but email me and I'll point you in the right direction. Please don't murder me Mr. Moderator.

Attachments

• blkwan2.jpg
    blkwan2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 539
And here's the maker's mark on the spine of the blade. Neil wondered where I dug up this picture. Thanks Zvi!

Attachments

• blkwtop1.jpg
    blkwtop1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 522
Thanks for the pics jyen. All in all I would say that we have quite a collection of Blackwood pics here. There isn't a single one that I don't like. Neil's knives are more addictive than crack! he is developing quite a following. And deservedly so.

Another thing that impresses me about this thread is the almost 4,000 views! Not to mention the many other threads in the gallery section that feature Neil's work. I believe that Neil is the king of the gallery forum for sure.

Shootist16,

I dug up a bunch of old pictures, even Neil was surprised to see some of them here. Apparently he was wondering why there was a sudden interest in the Lighwave, a knife that he removed from his web page 1.5 years ago :) I like to cause trouble and keep the guy busy. His work is not only clean and beautiful but it works so well. For all those out there thinking about taking the plunge and buying a Blackwood, do it. If you don't like it I'll take it off your hands!

-Jeff

Jyen: Would be interested in a American Ninja - e-mail me with more info.

Thanks,

Jerome French
AKA Zzzen Dog

Here is the man himself holding a Mini Ninja. What you can't tell is that he's got a beer in his other hand :p Well, maybe not in the shop.

Here's to keeping the thread alive!

Attachments

• shoppic1.jpg
    shoppic1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 392
Now THAT'S scary! Look at the size of Neil's hand! :eek: "You in a HEAP 'o trouble now, boy!"....

This thread's just lost it's appeal...!!!! :p Neil's knives are MUCH more handsome!:D

Coop

...for you. he he he!!

orig.jpg

Coop

Hehehe, too bad Coop :)

Here is the rest of the knife :D Neil says that scales are "dovetailed." I would really like to see what that looks like. Maybe my mind isn't working right.

Attachments

• neckninja747.jpg
    neckninja747.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 278
Ok, so I just lost the quickdraw for posting contest....:(

BUT...... This baby is soon to arrive and is just beautiful as I had imagined. Neil and I have been talking over this piece for a few months (just before he stopped taking new orders), and I wanted a mix of 'old & new' Boy, did he do a great job!!

Ironwood burl handles with the Ninja shape, but with a med Hunter length. I wanted the holes in the blade, his wonderful filework and some combination of G10 and wood. Neil did the rest!

IT looks MAGNIFICO!!!:D

The usual top-quality stuff. Neil, *thank you* SOOOOOOOO much!

Coop

Coop,

Sorry to steal your thunder. It is a stunning knife and Neil seems to think so too because it is on the front page of his website :) Is the blade D2 or S30V? I love how the mosaic pin stands out against the black G10 and the fusion for the modern (G10) with the classic (ironwood burl). When you get the knife could you post a picture of the spine? The fliework looks really nice. I think that you had a great idea and that Neil executed it flawlessly. Enjoy your new baby :)

-Jeff

Coop,

It not only was a pleasure working with you that knife, it was FUN to make!!

Bernie,

I think you might have the last Rag Micarta knife I'll ever make!! That is unless more of that RARE material surfaces somewhere:)

Neil

Back