Show me your design!

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only knife nut out there who has a design or 12 that he (or she) would love to have built. In my case, I'm lacking a shop to make them in. Whatever the reason, I thought we could pool them together here. Who knows, someone just might try to make it.

I'll start off with a couple of survival knives I designed on my new CAD software. All the deminsions are approximate. The blades are both 1/8" thick. Sorry there isn't much detail on the bevel, but I usually freehand my bevels anyways to rough it out, then clean it up with a file.

Nice designs, I really like the top one, I wish I had/knew how to use auto-cad or I would put a few up that I have drawn during many of my boring college classes... ;)

Nice knife designs. What CAD software and what year are you using? Right now i'm taking an Auto CAD class in college, and been thinking of trying to make different knives in the software.

Maybe i'll start drawing and see what i can come up with.

Also one more question. How did you upload your designs to the site?

I use ViaCAD v7.0. AutoCAD is too expensive. It works good if you've been trained on any CAD system. There are a few things I don't like, but its still better than nothing.

As for the uploading, you've got to convert the digital file from a drawing format to an image format, such as jpeg or img. Then you simply upload it to an image hosting site like photobucket or in my case, deviantart.com. Then you select the "insert image" icon above the text are on a reply textbox and paste the images URL. That should put the image on your post.

Thanks! Yeah the only reason i have Auto CAD is because i'm a student and i get a free educational version. Its the same thing just that it says "this was made on an educational system".

here's a pretty basic design I've had in my sketch pad for a few years;
IMG_6001.jpg

Lately, I'm getting off on designing folders, which I assume Autocad is good for.

Last edited:
How did your friend provide you with AutoCAD? That is crazy expensive and requires constant connection to internet so that it can't be torrented?

How did your friend provide you with AutoCAD? That is crazy expensive and requires constant connection to internet so that it can't be torrented?

Just a guess, I think he may be USING his friends version of AutoCAD, he is not stating that he has a stolen copy of it! Very nice design Lorien, but that is what you do! That looks like an interesting challenge to get that hidden Tang back to that second Pin, Hmmmm! haha

Ah I gotcha. I took 4 years worth of AutoCAD in highschool. Thats also my summer job. I'd love a copy for my own use for this kind of stuff but I don't have the money to blow on it.

Back to the knifes. I like them. This is the kinda stuff we used to draw in class. We also did not-to-spec but replica looking drawings of real life guns.

My only design as of yet. It started out as this:
IMAG0001.jpg

But with some input on the handle length, shape and curvature, turned into this:
SAM_0095.jpg

Playing around with a different blade shape:
SAM_0096.jpg

Try looking for ViaCAD. Its pretty much the same thing, minus the 3D aspect, from what I can tell. Its what I use and it only cost me $40 at the BX.

I'm game.

Big ole Becker handled knives, cause I am a fanboy.

5376060990_9f4089b1e0_b.jpg

This one got made by Chris Cody. (Bottom knife in pic)

6273697374_ec991edc6c_b.jpg

Next design is to be made by a good friend of mine, towards the beginning of next year when he gets some time.

5857689613_e0b7f95027_b.jpg

All designs modeled in SolidWorks.

Specs for the first one:

.25" thick 01
~16" long 10.25" blade
30.5 ounces

Sharpened recently by Jerry Fisk and hopefully going to be sent out for a kydex sheath here in the next week or so.

These two are my designs. The Baryonyx (top) and the Oberst (bottom).

CIMG0283.jpg

CIMG0289.jpg

They were designed as submissions to Condor Tool & Knife and are under consideration for their 2013 line. Fingers crossed! :D

Looks like you went with the perfect maker for that Design! Great work... Both of you

Back