Show me your EDC flashlight!

My newer ones are Fenix E12. One AA , no gimmicks , good amount of light , hardly know it's in your pocket ! Use - EDC, truck, one at each telephone with pad and pencil !

Olight MX1 striker at work
60DAE845-0BA1-4B20-8056-8D0382377BF3_zpswzueavpw.jpg

And a Protac 1L/1AA for off duty

The Maratac AAA is my daily. The copper Prince on bedside. I had no idea how often I needed a flashlight until I started carrying one.

2duhxqa.jpg

30tt2z4.jpg

has anyone heard of skylumen ? apparently he modifies flashlights for higher output. for instance he has a 3 and 4 led Lumintop prince for up to 2k lumens and many other mods too... huge disclaimer for obvious reasons, but i was thinking about getting mine modded for much higher output or different lens', reflectors, led's etc. he's got a mod for the R50 that will do 2600-3000 lumens too.

are there any modders that i should know that do similar things that i should know also?

has anyone heard of skylumen ?
Skylumen is the website. His name is Vinh, his mark is V54... and his modded lights have a VN at the end of the model number/ name (ie WormVN, R50vn, etc).
A few of the ones from my earlier post are his work.

Right now its an Olight S1 Baton brushed titanium in the pocket, and I just switched to a Nitecore SRT7GT on my belt.
I'm really diggin' the new control ring and the 4 color LED's.

Regretting starting this thread... starting to fall down the edc light rabbit hole as quickly as I did knives... Just need to settle on a nice copper or brass keychain size model :) Thanks for all of the great replies so far, keep em coming!

28b49s5.jpg

Protac 2L and Fivesevens Quark QK2L-X along with my huge Primary Arms weapon light :)

I carry both the Protac and the Fivesevens, but probably the Protac more to be honest. I like the Fivesevens quality a bit better but I just wish it had a strobe function. For daily EDC it's the Protac. If I was heading outside specifically for something like camping or hiking it would definitely be the Fivesevens. I do mix it up sometimes though. Both are great lights.

I almost forgot I also have a little Thrunite on my keychain which is great even though I'm not a fan of twist on.

2hi2mhc.jpg

Regretting starting this thread... starting to fall down the edc light rabbit hole as quickly as I did knives... Just need to settle on a nice copper or brass keychain size model :) Thanks for all of the great replies so far, keep em coming!
The Jetbeam Mini 1 CU in my photo is also nice. It pumps out 130 lumens on high. I think 9 on low. It also has a recharging port on it that is micro usb. So most non iPhone cell chargers plug right in. I probably use it more than my S1A baton.

Last edited:
I used to carry a Ti-Bolt mini every day at work until I lost it a few weeks ago. I miss it every day.. looking to find a replacement. Possibly something more than 100 lumens.

Cool thread, lots of nice lights.

I own a number of different flashlights, but in my pocket at all times for the better part of the past decade is the Surefire Aviator with red secondary beam. It has a low output red LED that is sufficient for most tasks without blowing your natural night vision or announcing your presence, then a high output white light when you depress the tailcap fully. Once you get used to it, it is hard to live without. This makes it the ultimate EDC light for me.

Thinking about adding the Maratac aaa or Olight aaa in copper or brass for the keychain edc. Not sure which. Loving all the pics, btw!

Thinking about adding the Maratac aaa or Olight aaa in copper or brass for the keychain edc. Not sure which. Loving all the pics, btw!
If you are referring to the Olight EOS, the brass is a limited edition with a higher output and mode selection. I have both the brass and copper , with the copper one on my keyring (only because I like copper & initially planned to give the brass as gift). It's a great little light, and I've given them (in various colors) to about a half dozen friends.

Massdrop has a brass AAA with a back clicky button on sale now in Nichia 219. Just sayin.

I have this from the last drop and it is awesome. It does get a little warm but that can be expected of brass. The build quality is fantastic, especially for $30.

Back