Show me your EDC flashlight!

Qr beta copper (100 lumens I think) keychain
Toolvn (750 lumens I think) coin pocket

I dont have a pic to post today but typically carry a Fenix LD22 runs on 2 AAA or if in shorts a Fenix LD12 runs on a single AAA ... and when I'm out in the evening I prefer a brighter option and move up to a Surefire Fury runs on 2 CR123 or a Fenix PD35 Tac runs on one rechargable 18650 ... and in the night stand sits a Fenix TK32 for those things that go bump in the night. And in the truck theres always a Fenix TK25 R&B ... all but the two TK models carry well in a pocket and are plenty of light for most needs. Here just snapped a fast pic from my phone of just the lights ...

Last edited:
I've had this LD12 for 4 or 5 years now, replaced a surefire c2. Its taken quite the beating including a few ten foot drops onto concrete and some very wet days. Can't beat that for the cost.

tZg0S0r.jpg

It's shorts weather here, so my EDC for at least the next couple months will be my MecArmy IllumineX-1. At 41mm long and weighing just 9 grams -- battery included -- it's basically unnoticeable on my keychain. Here it is between a AA and a AAA battery:

wl00nMn.jpg

I'd love a mode in between 8 lumens and 130 lumens, but the tint is a pleasing neutral white and I'm willing to sacrifice a true moonlight mode for this form factor.

New here and haven't matered the whole pic posting thing...but it's a Surefire Titan plus. It's always in my back pocket. I work in building/construction and I don't think a single day goes by that I don't use it once.

It's shorts weather here, so my EDC for at least the next couple months will be my MecArmy IllumineX-1. At 41mm long and weighing just 9 grams -- battery included -- it's basically unnoticeable on my keychain. Here it is between a AA and a AAA battery:

wl00nMn.jpg

I'd love a mode in between 8 lumens and 130 lumens, but the tint is a pleasing neutral white and I'm willing to sacrifice a true moonlight mode for this form factor.
About how much can this little guy illuminate? I find it hard to believe something that small could be useful but wow that is a great size for me.

About how much can this little guy illuminate? I find it hard to believe something that small could be useful but wow that is a great size for me.

On low, it would be fine for following a trail at night (not that I'd use it over something like a headlamp, or choose to use it on low for a long distance, but you get the idea); on high, it illuminates my entire bathroom, and it'll even do a good job lighting up a larger room. Up close, high is too bright for comfort unless I back it away from what I'm trying to see.

High is brighter than an LED AA Mini Maglite that weighs 8x more than the IllumineX-1. (It won't throw the beam as far, though, because the Mag has a larger, deeper reflector.)

If I think I'm going to need a flashlight, I bring something that packs more punch and a longer runtime. But when I unexpectedly need one, the IllumineX-1 is more than bright enough for me.

Although I have quite a few lights, AAA's are my favorite. My current most carried and favorites are Olight i3E EOS, Microstream, and my new Martac Rev 4 Ti.
I'll try to get some pictures up.

I do want a Lumitop Tool

H
Although I have quite a few lights, AAA's are my favorite. My current most carried and favorites are Olight i3E EOS, Microstream, and my new Martac Rev 4 Ti.
I'll try to get some pictures up.

I do want a Lumitop Tool
How long do AAAs last in comparison to lithium? Is it even noticeable on a flashlight?

Streamlight ProTac 1L (CR123) on my body, ProTac RailMount 1 (CR123 or AA) in my EDC or carry-on bag, and a Petzl Tactikka in my chest rig.

lieferung lieferung

Quite surprisingly long actually.

Olight i3E EOS is over an hour at 100+ lumens.

My Martac Rev 4 Ti claims
70 min 145 lumens
7 hours 40 lumens
55 hours 1.5 lumens

You'd be shocked what 1.5 lumens looks like, especially with the included diffuser.

Besides that, I don't use bottom barrel alkaline batteries, I use AAA lithium ion Energizer or even Duracell, brighter and longer.

Go on Amazon and order an Olight i3E EOS for $12 and see for yourself. Or try a Thrunite Ti3 for $13. If you don't use AAA lights much I think you'll be shocked. I have lots of others but the ones mentioned above are a total win!

Back