Show me your Fleming knives!

5aLn5Dh.jpg

6AFoKTM.jpg

I "designed" it but..really..Jarrett does the heavy lifting so to speak.
It glides through everything.

That is a very nice Kestrel Jim! I am a big fan of Shadetree burlaps and Jarrett's knife building skills. The Electric Plum burlap looks great. Good choice of handle & liner material as well as the tapered tang. Sweet!!!.

I have a Kestrel on order in a different color of Shadetree burlap. I hope that it turns out as well as yours did. Enjoy that one!

Phil

That is a very nice Kestrel Jim! I am a big fan of Shadetree burlaps and Jarrett's knife building skills. The Electric Plum burlap looks great. Good choice of handle & liner material as well as the tapered tang. Sweet!!!.

I have a Kestrel on order in a different color of Shadetree burlap. I hope that it turns out as well as yours did. Enjoy that one!

Phil

Thanks Phil. This is my first Flemming and I'm super impressed. The handle is awesome both in looks and feel. I'm really digging the Electric Plum. I also have to say that this was one of the sharpest out of the box knives I've ever gotten. Scary sharp.

I have to give you another thank you as well. It was your posts in the "Show me your Shadetree" thread in the FF forums that got me into their burlap. I'm putting together some pics for that thread this weekend. :D There was also a picture of an Itty-Bitty wharncliff somewhere that made me come to Jarrett's forum. I think it was yours but I can't really recall.

Anyway, thanks man. :D

My wife and I took an overnight trip up to the N. Carolina Mountains to check out the fall colors. Our Kestrel in bolstered Electric Plum Shadetree Burlap came along for the ride:

IMG_8112_zpsrheulbze.jpg

Here is a shot with Whitewater Falls in the background. Whitewater Falls is the highest waterfall in the eastern U.S. falling 411 vertical feet. Near Cashiers, North Carolina:

IMG_8102_zpsqsqkuytz.jpg

Gorgeous knife - which model is this? I'm new to Jarretts work and want to make sure I don't mis-identify the model

Love the CTek scales!

Thanks! It was my first true custom knife. It's a Skinner in CPM-D2 with a purple CTek handle/Shadetree Tequila Sunrise bolsters, black liners, white pinstripes, tapered tang, and stainless pins.

Thanks! It was my first true custom knife. It's a Skinner in CPM-D2 with a purple CTek handle/Shadetree Tequila Sunrise bolsters, black liners, white pinstripes, tapered tang, and stainless pins.

Thx.

It is simply stunning!!

Having recently received Jarrett's new model "The Osprey" I felt it warranted a proper introduction:

IMG_8519_zpsvfinyhho.jpg

Prior to receiving this knife, The Kestrel was my favorite model in Jarrett's line up so it was only natural for me to compare the two:

IMG_8511_zpsselekc9v.jpg

As you can see, the Osprey is slightly longer than the Kestrel by .25" with a blade length of 3.25" vs 3.30" for the Kestrel. The difference in OL is a function of the handle. Blade height at the ricasso is essentially the same.

IMG_8513_zpsjdwvqwri.jpg

While both knives feel very comfortable in hand, the contours of the Osprey's handle allow for an enhanced grip that offers additional torque control in working the blade in a pinch grip. These characteristics make the knife a worthy addition to Jarrett's line up and have elevated the Osprey as my new favorite.

The fit & finish of this knife is exceptional and a true reflection of Jarrett's craftmanship. This knife will definitely have a lasting position in my rotation and will feel quite at home here in coastal SW Florida.

IMG_8520_zpst9qioip8.jpg

Peter

Congratulations on that beautiful knife Peter! Jarrett really did a great job of laying out the handle to bring out the best of the Shadetree Starry Night burlap. The Philellow bolsters and green liners really go well with handle.

I love your last photo with the yellow sun rays breaking through the blue sky and reflecting on the water. That was a great background choice to compliment the handle colors.

Phil

Back