Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

Second attempt at stamping... gotta figure out a better way to do the border around the stamp... but still I like it so far...

Spectacular work. I am not sure what your problem is with the border around the stamp; to me it looks really good. I think that the knife / sheath combo matches really well. I especially like the way the thread matches the pins / lanyard hole. Well done!!!

This Kephart is getting a lot of use lately. The sheath by Heber Ellsworth was originally for a different Kephart but it matches the Osage better.

Nice! I always like seeing Heber's stuff in this thread. There are a lot of good - no, GREAT, sheath makers providing pants for Fiddlebacks. However, there is something unique and attractive about Heber's work. I have a few of his sheaths, and cannot say enough good things about his work. I understand that he is semi-retired these days, but I really wish he would do just a few more sheaths (for me) as part of a "farewell tour."

This is really a great thread! I have a few sheaths from Nix Leather that should be here in a few weeks. I will be sure to share pics when they arrive.

Cheers to all! Keep on posting the cool leather and steel pictures!

That is beautiful! I just picked up a Surls Bobcat with Osage over natural and blue. Very very nice!

Coolio. Osage with nat/blue, well Osage with anything is a fave of mine. The bobcat looks like a really useful model, enjoy!

love that kephart bear. beautiful. and you do good work heespharm. nice job with the stamping.

i'm a hack. what i like to say after is, "fully functional". :rolleyes: :D

but, it's because of this that i can really appreciate good leather work. it is not as easy as folks make it out to appear. :thumbup:

love that kephart bear. beautiful. and you do good work heespharm. nice job with the stamping.

i'm a hack. what i like to say after is, "fully functional". :rolleyes: :D

but, it's because of this that i can really appreciate good leather work. it is not as easy as folks make it out to appear. :thumbup:

Thanks.. like anything it's 70percent planning 20 attention to deal and 10 work.. also periodic practicing I've been at it regularly for a year and I still feel like I constantly need practice... my handicap is that I have two left hands and am clumsy but leatherwork calms me.. those people who can stamp and swivel cut free hand amaze me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.. like anything it's 70percent planning 20 attention to deal and 10 work.. also periodic practicing I've been at it regularly for a year and I still feel like I constantly need practice... my handicap is that I have two left hands and am clumsy but leatherwork calms me.. those people who can stamp and swivel cut free hand amaze me!

i know what you mean. i do like it, i'm just not very good at it. doesn't stop me though! ;) was doing some leatherwork today, as my hiking buddy needs a sheath. oh, and i saw your "workshop". mine is a folding card table. :D

just posted these in another thread, but i guess i'll drop 'em here too!

016_zps6yjkwveb.png

025_zpsvvi2xy8z.jpg

forming the sheath that came from DLT for my new EDC II

020_zpssfwwabda.jpg

i know what you mean. i do like it, i'm just not very good at it. doesn't stop me though! ;) was doing some leatherwork today, as my hiking buddy needs a sheath. oh, and i saw your "workshop". mine is a folding card table. :D

just posted these in another thread, but i guess i'll drop 'em here too!

You and Heesoo are motivating me to dig the leather tools out. Please post pics of that awesome hiking buddy whenever, wherever. Love the od with Osage.

You and Heesoo are motivating me to dig the leather tools out. Please post pics of that awesome hiking buddy whenever, wherever. Love the od with Osage.

You people need to quit doing things yourself! Don't you know there are kind sheath makers out there like me... and well me.

I hear that Diomedes Industries guy is good too.

Jason

You people need to quit doing things yourself! Don't you know there are kind sheath makers out there like me... and well me.

Jason

i've also heard that Jason over at Diomedes Industries is great to work with. you may want to hit him up.

:D

(good one :thumbup: )

Made last night to carry my favorite pencil and it's sharpener... pretty comfortable , carried it today for a bit even though I didn't leave the house

b5b40ccbdc743f91138e6fca777796e5.jpg

e8509420be659670aca4a826fe7bbfb0.jpg

Jason, you might want to think about pulling down those how to videos you posted... Just sayin. Tom

Jason

Jason, you might want to think about pulling down those how to videos you posted... Just sayin. Tom

lol I just discovered them this last week and was like "where were these when I first started leather working"!! Could have saved me a year of trial and error..: but good stuff nevertheless

My skinny, Pygmy shaped Pygmy pouch... went with a butterfly style this time... not my favorite style but it's growing on me

b40cafdb301516a6f20613d98d763a59.jpg

c0233a1cd6302a7d29c13833382ad527.jpg

Not so nice with a regular Pygmy but I have my runt sheaths for that

8f9c08b55b1354aa53614f358d4a3828.jpg

Back