Show off your Fiddlebacks and Leather

Raise your hand if carrying a sheathed knife ever made you want to lose a belt loop.

PickMe.gif~original

:grumpy:

Extra credit if you've ever followed through! :D

~ P.

I totally agree! My issue is I carry right handed CCDW and then I have my knife also on the right side lol makes for a PITA at times (literally) damn loops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hand feels pretty good after being immobilized for two months. Never was much pain and now just really stiff and weak. Too soon to cut leather so Karen took care of that part, but I was able to manage the rest. In retrospect this morning, probably shouldn't have done quite that much this soon, but all is good. Will try to get a couple sheaths done over a couple days as hand gets stronger. Sure appreciate the kind thoughts and well wishes from all.

Wooohooo that's awesome bro! If u need any help holler I'll come visit for a week :) and we can eat good and stitch leather

Trying more new stuff with a resist technique... always trying to teach myself new things

d8b4f107a67cfb39bb60ee70f0925be4.jpg

Jonny - that is an OLD one of mine. I can't even remember the last time I used that thread!

It looks pretty good though.

Jason

whats your dye color of choice ~P.?

i like chestnut the best

The chestnut sorta bores me, but it probably looks the best against different knife handles, in various lighting, etc-- like above!

In person, I do like the russet very much, although it varies enough from piece to piece (including, within a sheath) that some of it is my favorite while others of it tends towards too orange-y. I look forward to seeing how it ages with time and use: I think it has more potential 'upside' (character) as it breaks in.

I guess I'll find out!

~ P.

The chestnut sorta bores me, but it probably looks the best against different knife handles, in various lighting, etc-- like above!

In person, I do like the russet very much, although it varies enough from piece to piece (including, within a sheath) that some of it is my favorite while others of it tends towards too orange-y. I look forward to seeing how it ages with time and use: I think it has more potential 'upside' (character) as it breaks in.

I guess I'll find out!

~ P.
i can see that. much like i love the way osage ages over time:thumbsup:

i can see that. much like i love the way osage ages over time:thumbsup:
Exactly!

And, to soften my statement above-- the chestnut bores me in person, in isolation, but always catches my eye in the best way when I see it in pictures or peeking out of my pocket.

~ P.

Exactly!

And, to soften my statement above-- the chestnut bores me in person, in isolation, but always catches my eye in the best way when I see it in pictures or peeking out of my pocket.

~ P.
im a boring person...maybe thats the tie-in:D

Good inspiration. I'm looking for my first Fiddleback.
Prepare yourself, 'cause you can't have just "one" Fiddleback! Seriously though, you can look at pics of Fiddlebacks all day but once you get one in hand and use it that's when you know its the best handmade knife you will have the honor to own. Have fun!

Prepare yourself, 'cause you can't have just "one" Fiddleback! Seriously though, you can look at pics of Fiddlebacks all day but once you get one in hand and use it that's when you know its the best handmade knife you will have the honor to own. Have fun!

Pretty much what he said. I had always carried folders and never really considered carrying a fixed blade as my every day carry knife. Then I stumbled into the Fiddleback forum. I bought my first one (a patch) and fell off the deep end. While I still have my folders I always have a Fiddleback if I am not at work (at work I usually have a 3" Hinderer or CRK). those Fiddleback knives are a functioning work of art.

Back