Show Off Your Leather!

I figured I'd start a thread to show off your homemade or professional leather sheaths. I've never been a big kydex fan, so let's see your leather!

Here's a few of mine. Actually, this is my first few sheaths. I'm still learning.

Jackson7months093.jpg

Jackson7months103.jpg

RayLaconico006.jpg

HAndmadeSheaths004.jpg

My boy with an awesome knife!
Jackson7months132-1.jpg

I'm working on a dangler for a new Koster right now and will post pics when it's done!

Nice work! They all look very professional. Would you take a pic of the RAT in the sheath and post it? By the way your son is adorable!

Here's one of it in the sheath (The top sheath here was a bit of an expariment that never got finished up completely.):

HAndmadeSheaths001.jpg

So far so good! And it looks like one tastes pretty good too! :D

Great looking work, guys :)

Here's a couple of mine...
DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN2200.jpg

DSCN2287.jpg

DSCN2592.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! This forum is taking off like a rocket!! :D

And good to see you Dave!! Your work always induces severe drooling. :)

Thanks Dwayne, glad to finally see this happen here.Dave:)

Any chance you will be at Blade?

Last edited:
Thanks Dwayne, glad to finally see this happen here.Dave:)

Any chance you will be at Blade?

It was a long time coming but were here and its going very well so far. :)

Blade isnt looking like its in the cards this year for sure, I spent a small fortune when my father passed on in February and we still havent recovered financially.

Here's one I did for a forum member here on BF. It's a Harvey Dean MS "El Diablo"

The Sheath is Wickett and Craig Chestnut leather with a dark brown Lizard inlay. The only dye used was to color the finished edges. I DO NOT USE EDGE COAT!!! Two sewing machines were used for this sheath. An Artisan 797ABLTHR and and Artisan Toro 4000. A hand crank leather splitter was also used in the making of the sheath, and, of course various hand tools

GarssonDeanLong.jpg

Paul

Sorry to hear that my friend, would have enjoyed meeting you in person.We are going to have a little leather get -together, with Me, Sandy, Paul Long, and Lifter and a few others. Should be fun.Maybe next year. Dave:)

Hey Dave,
That sounds like a great time, lots of experience in that group! :eek:

Hi Paul,
I agree whole heartedly, edge coat is some nasty stuff. I've always seen it as a short cut. Gum Tragacanth is muuuuuch better. That reminds me, I found a sheath once upon a time that had a rubbery coating on the edge, wierd stuff. I like that Chestnut leather, is it sold by the shoulder or side? I need to sit and order a Wickett and Craig catalog sometime.

WOW, hard to pick a favorite on this thread:D:D
Send them all to me for a long evaluation!!!:cool:

Well, someone has to post some amateur work or folks will think this is just for folks who know what they are doing LOL Here's my very first sheath. This is right after I finished stitching, but before I finished the edges. The knives are a Marbles Trailmaker and a Marbles Sport.

And this is why I had to have a homely sheath. You wouldn't want to put a Paul Long sheath with that mug, would you? LOL

Back