Show photos of your watch collection, current and previous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
So this isn't just a 'What are you wearing today?' thread but more of a historical type thread, one that you can list those long since gone watches you've owned and your current new favourite.

I know for some of you, this will certainly be a challenge, I've never been a watch collector, just sort of searching for that one, almost as bad as buying knives!

I can't recall my very first watch, I'm guessing it was a Victorinox as I favour the more no nonsense style of watches;

My grail watch, one that I do miss the most but had to part with for financial reasons, such a great layout and look of this watch;

Sinn_656_.jpg~original

while that was getting serviced, I picked up this Timex

IMG_1437.jpg~original

This one was close but needed to have a black face for better readability in low light when not using the indiglo feature

timex_lumen.jpg~original

one of my oldest watches I've owned

Thier_Seiko.jpg~original

I have a pretty old SAK that I will post up later, waiting on a new battery to see if she'll get back up and working and then I'll post that one up forsale...battery came in, here's a shot of that older SAK, pretty retro

SAK_4.jpg~original

Apoc_rancher_Swiss_watch.jpg~original

Citizen_BM8475_26E-1.jpg~original

Had this one but didn't wear it, long story but it looked nice

IMG_0733.jpg~original

watch5.jpg~original

a gift from my younger brother on my 60th birthday, a TANK of a watch, very cool, I wear it when am in need of a workout

IMG_0552.jpg~original

and my most recent watch, so far it's the closest I've gotten to my Grail without breaking the bank

ZT_Invicta.jpg~original

SO, lets see what you guys/gals have or had, there is a 10 image limit so you may need to stack them up,
G2

Last edited:
For a few months, I was an amateur Rolex collector... but I sold the Submariner so I could buy a Darrel Ralph. Now I only own one watch.

The dress watches, left to right. Accutron, Whitinauer, Cartier, and my dads Bulova.
10437440_10205969328458764_8817213106439414190_n.jpg

Sport and dive watches, Ocean7 gmt, Stowa prodiver Lime, Citizen aqualand, Ocean7 American titanium, Stowa prodiver green, Ocean7 chronodiver, Ocean7 Lm3 diver, and Seiko sport diver.
10367795_10205969329138781_583388249637653902_n.jpg

Took a Lume pic of some of my divers
IMG_1632_zps10e28f84.jpg

The two bright ones are Stowa's the others are Ocean7s.

Matteo, my grail, sure is a pretty watch eh? although I think that's a slightly different one as I don't see the anti-magnetic emblem above the 6, I think that's the 556 model? but still, very nice, I keep looking for one that I can afford that has that layout, getting close...

And Dave, those Stowa's sure are bright rascals, much like the Invicta's I have, the Invicta's will keep their lumen all through the night, readable at about anytime I happen to wake up, makes me wonder just where they got that material!?! :)

and CM, both are pretty cool, far outside of my league but cool none the less !!!

Here's a lumen shot of my Citizen, while nice, I prefer having the white on black back ground, this was orange which was cool as it was different but the lumen didn't last very long, once you hit it with a flashlight, it would shine bright for a short while but would dim quickly to nothing, so it made viewing even in dim light not very handy;

lite_off_lumen.jpg~original

G2

Last edited:
Dave,

I see you like the Ocean7 brand. I have a pair of LM-2s (a GMT and the Chrono below) that I just love. The GMT is my daily wearer, on the O7 titanium bracelet.

I can't seem to wear watches. Whether mechanical or battery operated, they just stop after three or four days. I give them away and they run perfectly. My solution was to look for a pocket watch. I found this mid 1800's J. Favre Jacot key wind/key set hunter case pocket watch. It is in pristine condition and keeps near perfect time.

p5_zps4c60a17b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah Gary Stowa has there act together on applying Lume, they use Superluminova like many other companies. The trick is how thick they build it up. Thats what determines how long they will glow. The Stowas glow all night.

Dave,

I see you like the Ocean7 brand. I have a pair of LM-2s (a GMT and the Chrono below) that I just love. The GMT is my daily wearer, on the O7 titanium bracelet.

I do like the Ocean 7's I've had a few of them over the years, just wish the original ones had better Lume. I still want the Lm7 titanium ploprof.

That's good to know, I'll keep those in mind when I search further, when the time comes ;)

Here's a shot of the current Invicta I am wearing, they are inexpensive but seem to keep good time and looks good as well, I know they have a bit of a bad rep but there is also a following for them too. It seems the more recent models they have left all the advert info for the back cover and are leaving the face fairly clear, just a nice neat Invicta emblem and that's it, and I would think that is enough, much like my old Sinn, a Spartan look but clean and tidy.

And in this shot, you can see the second hand as it made it's way through the 13 second exposure :)

invicta_lumen.jpg~original

G2

Last edited:
We got my son an Invicta Chrono. It has a blue dial, and it's a very nice looking watch. Seems to be well made, and didn't break the bank at right around $80.
They do make some nice looking watches and are reasonably priced. The only thing that keeps me from trying one myself is I've read their CS is horrible, and many watch makers won't work on them. Not sure how much truth there is to it though.

Of the three watches I've owned of theirs all kept great time, felt solid. The one I got from Amazon was DOA so I sent that back to Amazon and got another one shipped out and that one was fine. Word of warning, they do arrive running, while a lot of watch makers will insert a piece of plastic to prevent the battery from being engaged while in storage, these do not. So there is the chance that once you get it, it may need a battery right away, or within a year possibly.
G2

I can't seem to wear watches. Whether mechanical or battery operated, they just stop after three or four days. I give them away and they run perfectly. My solution was to look for a pocket watch. I found this mid 1800's J. Favre Jacot key wind/key set hunter case pocket watch. It is in pristine condition and keeps near perfect time.

p5_zps4c60a17b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pocket watches are a treat, had one a while back but couldn't get it to work steady enough, ended up sending it back to the fellow I got it from. That one looks pretty nice sir, great find!
G2

Of the three watches I've owned of theirs all kept great time, felt solid. The one I got from Amazon was DOA so I sent that back to Amazon and got another one shipped out and that one was fine. Word of warning, they do arrive running, while a lot of watch makers will insert a piece of plastic to prevent the battery from being engaged while in storage, these do not. So there is the chance that once you get it, it may need a battery right away, or within a year possibly.
G2

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at Seiko divers for awhile, and have also looked at a couple Invicta divers online that look nice

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at Seiko divers for awhile, and have also looked at a couple Invicta divers online that look nice
Take a look at Deepblue watches too, great prices and very solid watches. They have a great sale going too and if its not on sale use Cyber2014 coupon code for 30% off.

On this one I did change out the metal band for a nice padded leather one and also added a deployant clasp which makes getting the watch on and off much easier, plus it will save the life of the leather strap considerably!

Invicta_open.jpg~original

Invicta_closed.jpg~original

Invicta_face.jpg~original

G2

Sold the above watch when I found this one, so far this one is holding it's place very nicely, keeping time great too and incredible lumen that just lasts and lasts;

Invicta_13839_.jpg~original

Invicta_13839_lumen.jpg~original

Invicta_13839_seahorse.jpg~original

It's an Invicta 13839, I changed out the strap for a nice padded leather DeBeers strap and added a deployant clasp as well, makes the watch so much nicer.
G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back