Show Us Your Discontinued Benchmades

a1205916c2e235a9cd2b5bad36dc86dd.jpg
510ad7b001f1b2c7fc9b657833b07803.jpg

Just got the e mail this morning, but deleted it. Sure it said $99. Damn

Still available. Just tried to put one in my cart and was able to.

I almost pulled the trigger at $129, but couldn't pass it up at 99 bucks with free shipping. This Rift will be a great user.

Such a great knife...can't believe they're stopping this one. I guess the freak blade looks similar. Dunno though.
c2b00f59e20ac85f3ac7fab4e2231f55.jpg
c175026686b662b352fef3b6ca5002d6.jpg

This baby is really discontinued?

I couldn't resist that great price that JoeP found at SMKW and mine arrived this afternoon. I never was very turned on by this knife, but I gotta say I'm really glad I picked this baby up. All good out of the box--sharpness, grinds, lock-up, general F&F. It needs breaking in and might be a couple hundredths off center, but I'm sure she'll tune up nicely after a little carry and wear. Thanks to Ram and Joe for pointing me in this direction!

...plus it's got my favorite BM clip--Parkerized split arrow!

oYRHy1Q.jpg

I just created a thread about these and realized they could be posted here too. I haven't had them long but the Ritters seem like a real winner.

_DSC4629%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsxz0ao0p1.jpg

Strykers
Ritter Grips
Bone Collectors (I am very fond of these, especially the smalls)

_DSC4739%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsh3ay4zq8.jpg

_DSC4683%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpswr6pqrhr.jpg

_DSC4686%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsh1hgdpgp.jpg

_DSC4709%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsvkhc2ssk.jpg

_DSC4734%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsp64vytqz.jpg

Last edited:
Those AWTs look much better on a non-serrated blade. Nice pics as expected, photoman, but those aren't from "Inside the Beltway" are they? Not much open land to be found there looking at Google Earth.

Headed over to your Grip Crazy thread....

The great thing about living in the D.C. area is that you get the urban lifestyle (if you like that) but beautiful, scenic areas are just an hour's drive away. Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive are within 1.5 hours (traffic allowing of course). These outdoor photos were taken at Sky Meadows State Park, about an hour from my home in Alexandria, VA. Work will be moving us out of the area in less than a year and we're not too excited about it. We don't know where we're going yet though.

The great thing about living in the D.C. area is that you get the urban lifestyle (if you like that) but beautiful, scenic areas are just an hour's drive away. Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive are within 1.5 hours (traffic allowing of course). These outdoor photos were taken at Sky Meadows State Park, about an hour from my home in Alexandria, VA. Work will be moving us out of the area in less than a year and we're not too excited about it. We don't know where we're going yet though.

We were down in DC a couple weeks ago for a brief vacation, staying right in town at Washington Circle NW. Had a great time bouncing between the Mall area and Georgetown. When we left we followed the C&O Canal westward through some really nice rolling hill country I hadn't really known about.

Our living situation is just the opposite--living on the Cape we have easy access to the urban charms of Boston while enjoying the day-to-day atmosphere of our seaside locale. Of course we've got our woodsy Vermont retreat to really get away too. I hope your new posting works out for you. I've got a couple friends that are retired from the federal government and now work occasionally as consultants overseas. One of them can't tell me where they send him, but when asked always says "nowhere nice". Hope things go better for y'all!

Back