Show your love for the ladies

Very nice Kal-El. I would love to have either of those. The ironwood on that one is beautiful.

Sergio, those are some sexy Ladies! [emoji7]
0e95145226f22306ca5a1543c2a1f7e6.png
9fb9f5818cd3bbdc6245f63032381776.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As a relative newcomer to the forum and having just recently discovered my love for these incredible knives I have to ask: are there different ladyfinger models? I see some refered to as old school. Sorry for not knowing all the lingo yet

Don, there are two variations. I'm not completely knowledgeable on the differences, but I'm sure the guys are going to jump in and help out.

As a relative newcomer to the forum and having just recently discovered my love for these incredible knives I have to ask: are there different ladyfinger models? I see some refered to as old school. Sorry for not knowing all the lingo yet

As a relative newcomer myself, I recently asked the same question. :)

Can someone please school me on the difference between "old school" and "new school" Ladyfinger knives?

Thanks!
the Old School lacks a guard and the blade is slightly wider from spine to cutting edge

If anyone could post a picture of the two together, that would be better yet. ;)

~ P.

the original (old school) had a slightly taller blade(from cutting edge to spine) and no guard. The Ladyfinger now has the opposite.

As a relative newcomer myself, I recently asked the same question. :)

If anyone could post a picture of the two together, that would be better yet. ;)

~ P.

ok I'll snag the one coming through this week and keep it so I can post it up.

just kidding BTW

I dont remember what was set to glue-up this week. short week too

a lot of folks use the Ladyfinger in the kitchen. There was some concern about the guard and clearance on a cutting board...I personally have not had a problem for the past 2 years w/ it but we brought back the original design because of aforementioned concerns.

I hope these guys don't mind me using their blades for reference. I circled the main difference, the old school (Sergio's beautiful Ironwood) has no guard and the box elder does.

b3afe7b7502f31cdb64f86b1207cafe6.png

8b23b9bd9ea43c3587d4b916eabb7cc7.png

Now that Sergio's two blades have that black sharpie damage on them, I think he needs to sell them to me for a great price.

Thanks, Nathan.

Thanks for the comments guys. The shop puts out some stunners for sure!

Tony, hmm. Great price? Let's say an even trade for that auctioned Lady of yours??? :D

As far as kitchen use goes. The Ladyfinger works great IMHO. This Lady saw a bit of action in my kitchen at one time, but now resides with a good friend a little further south.

DSC00526-vi.jpg

I love these knives. Without a doubt my favorite fiddleback. Now all I need is to find one in Osage orange or Tangerine burlap, 1/18" or thinner, preferably old school, and still available when I get off work on Friday to to claim it! The last part is the hardest lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:
a lot of folks use the Ladyfinger in the kitchen. There was some concern about the guard and clearance on a cutting board...I personally have not had a problem for the past 2 years w/ it but we brought back the original design because of aforementioned concerns.

I prefer the old pattern both cosmetically and in practical use. Andy make a hybrid for me several years ago (new pattern, but he removed the guard) and that works very well (sometimes the slightly slimmer blade is an advantage over the old pattern)

Man, this is an awesome thread. But since it made me aware of me needing one for the project, a guardless one, it's gonna end up costing me. Thanks a lot fellas! :p

Back