Show Your Machetes

Martindale N02 golok 're handled with homemade micarta and 're ground to an all convex edge and polished with 800grit wetdry sandpaper then blued with gun barrel blue

My newest addition...I've been wanting an Imacasa, but they seem to be hard to find lately. Well, I ran across this Marbles wood-handled machete which is made by Imacasa so I snatched it up. I'm a big fan of orange anyway, so this is perfect. The edge can pretty darn sharp out of the box, I it lightly touched it up with a little stropping, and this thing is currently a razor. The edge isn't very convex, so it may roll, but I will gradually convex it as I sharpen freehand and strop. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon! I had a spare sheath and it actually fir perfectly.

Also, I'm currently fixing up the handle. I removed the lacquer and the hard edges and sanded to 150 grit, and then smoothed the handle even with the tang on the top and bottom. It then got a coat of BLO, and will get a few more soon. It's definitely wider than my Tamontina, and feels a little heavier, but swings really really well. I may remove the tip at some point as well (same as my Tramontina) to lighten the swing and increase the safety factor as I don't need a sharp point (and it becomes a liability in thick stuff).

Piccies!

old pics, great tool

PC170126_re.jpg

PC170131_re.jpg

PC170135_re.jpg

Finally got a chance to give my new marbles machete a light workout. It did quite well, and I noticed this machete "sings" more than my others when it goes through vegetation. I'm not sure why, but it does!

So far so good. The handle may still need some work, but extended use will show me what's need, if anything. It maybe a little too smooth...we'll see.

I don't have a lot of machetes but this thread will make me buy more I bet. Here are two that I love.

Baryonyx Machete

Becker Patrol Machete

Jeremy

I don't have a lot of machetes but this thread will make me buy more I bet. Here are two that I love.

Baryonyx Machete

Jeremy

That Baryonyx is a freakin' BEAST! I'd love to get one even though I don't have a lot of use for it in my climate...

That Baryonyx is a freakin' BEAST! I'd love to get one even though I don't have a lot of use for it in my climate...

Me too! I really want one, but the vast majority of my machete use makes having the reverse bilhook/tip and sharpened spine too dangerous. I'm usually moving through dense shrubby stuff...not clearing trails, but using it to move faster. When I'm climbing through stuff sometimes I have snake my way, and I don't want to keep track of two edges and two sharp tips (I cut most of my machete tips off for this reason). However, if I had acreage to maintain, I would be all over it in a heartbeat as it would be awesome for wood as well as vines, and it's difficult to find a machete that can do both well.

Thanks guys! It is a really great tool for a variety of tasks. While being big it isn't as hard to handle as you first think. You do have to watch your back swing and make sure it has room after it cuts through the brush. It takes a little bit to slow it down after to gets through the object.

Here is a quick video of me using it to clear a path to an Elderberry bush so we could pick to berries to make jam. I was convinced this would be a one trick pony until I got used to it.

[video=youtube;AIlojW7iZ50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIlojW7iZ50[/video]

Jeremy

It seems general characteristic of the Marbles their steel 1070.

Finally got a chance to give my new marbles machete a light workout. It did quite well, and I noticed this machete "sings" more than my others when it goes through vegetation. I'm not sure why, but it does!

So far so good. The handle may still need some work, but extended use will show me what's need, if anything. It maybe a little too smooth...we'll see.

Hmmm I would like something longer for clearing vegetations on the ground.

Thanks guys! It is a really great tool for a variety of tasks. While being big it isn't as hard to handle as you first think. You do have to watch your back swing and make sure it has room after it cuts through the brush. It takes a little bit to slow it down after to gets through the object.

Here is a quick video of me using it to clear a path to an Elderberry bush so we could pick to berries to make jam. I was convinced this would be a one trick pony until I got used to it.

[video=youtube;AIlojW7iZ50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIlojW7iZ50[/video]

Jeremy

Back