Show Your Vintage Schrade Scrimshaw Designs by F. Giorgianni

This is the Sharpfinger 205SC issue for Kmart in 1983.

24obnsj.jpg

This is the Sharpfinger 205SC issue for Kmart in 1983.

24obnsj.jpg

Interesting that the mark side of the knife is the opposite side of all the others. Messed me up. Tang stamp and everything. I tried flipping the picture horizontally but the words were backwards. LOL

Interesting that the mark side of the knife is the opposite side of all the others. Messed me up. Tang stamp and everything. I tried flipping the picture horizontally but the words were backwards. LOL

They evidently anticipated subsequent orders of the reversed tang/number/art 205SC that never happened. I have several of them that are blank cream Delrin and if you look at the recent Asia finished knives (wood handles) you will see the 205SC number again. Of course the regular 1983 502SC has the stamp and art on traditional blade right, so it makes an interesting display to have both the issues. A bonus being that 1983 was a prime year to find the short-lived pouch style sheath in Scrimshaw sets, limited editions, special factory orders and regular production. So they were unique in several ways.

Stockman scrim'd for the Schrade forum back in 2006. Frank did these specially for this short run of knives. The project was put together by his son.

Russell

dsc0132ls0.jpg

Yes,I've got #7 in the safe,but it will be going on ebay soon.
The wife would probably sell it at a yard sale for $5.00.

Bringing it back alive. Just picked up the Classic Car Series 1956 Ford T-Bird. Anyone know what year(s) this series was done?

Here is a really nice one I picked up.

Think I keep it in a nice Scrimshaw box the kids got for me for Dads day that has been sitting empty.

Yeah I know the pics could be better.:rolleyes:

DSCN1711_zpslkknlp7f.jpg

DSCN1716_zpsttfeyp8u.jpg

DSCN1718_zpstaw2b06a.jpg

DSCN1722_zpss9wy13hc.jpg

Last edited:
Back