Simple Simon met a Pieman

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
As you can see, I'm not that good at coming up with thread titles. Here's a batch of a simple design that I'll be working on.

Can't have a WIP without a picture of fanned out blanks. I think that's mandatory.

As always, everyone is welcome to comment.
Come out of the shadows lurkers, we don't bite. Well, Mack does but he's had his shots:D

These are 1/8" O1, 7 3/4" long with a 3 3/8" cutting edge.

Some 1/4", and 3/16", holes to lighten things up and help the epoxy bridge through. I'm gonna go with 1/16" peened pins. Each will have a different handle material, it's not set in stone, but maybe some Blackwood, Mesquite, Chechen, Bocote, Walnut.... We shall see.

I use a Milwaukee portaband saw mounted vertical in a Swag table, and square them up on the grinder toolrest. I'll try to get some pictures of my setup posted.

John,
If you are using your phone for photos, switch to square photos when you can and I'll share them on Instagram. I can even set up and post to a Redmeadow page if you'd like.

I really don't know how it works, I need to look into it some more. Can you talk to people on there or just post photos? I'm not opposed to it, just confused by it. I think I know what a Hashbrown is though:D

I'll show my ignorance in social media here, here's what I know about Instagram (don't laugh!). I'm more than happy to be schooled here.

You can post pictures that people can look at, like, and link with Hashbrowns? But you only talk to people through email? I know it's a popular place for sales, but I don't really understand how you communicate through it.

If you guys want to see a Redmeadow Instagram accout, we'll make it happen. But I would like to keep sales here.

I'll fill you in on it tomorrow. I'm stuck in Austin right now and might make it home by 1AM.

Safe travels, I'll try to learn what I can about Instagram so my dumb questions will be less painful to answer!:D

Ohai, those look great! Looking forward to seeing the WIP.

Unrelated, I came across this last night. It looks good, but somewhat complicated...

Wayne Walker handle.jpg

That looks really nice. The white really pops.

I'm open to liner suggestions, white would look great with Blackwood I think. I like that faux bolster too. The minimalist in me always says less areas for possible separation the better, but dayum, that does look sweet.

I use a Milwaukee portaband saw mounted vertical in a Swag table, and square them up on the grinder toolrest. I'll try to get some pictures of my setup posted.

So does I, put a piece of aluminum on it for a table.

bandsaw.jpg

I used to use a piece of poly cutting board for a table and that worked good. It would be nice to have a big metal band saw, but they sure ain't cheap.

I used to use a piece of poly cutting board for a table and that worked good. It would be nice to have a big metal band saw, but they sure ain't cheap.

No there not, what's nice about my set up is I can take it off the bracket I made and use it as a portable.

Screwed up a pin hole.........or did I?

Any guesses?

Not a mosaic pin. Close.......yet so far away:p

Ha, of the five, this ones called for, but dibs are welcome on three:thumbup:

Edit: Correction on that, of the five, three aren't spoken for. This one is called for and one is going on a cruise to a tropical isle;)

Last edited:
A depleted Uranium core?

A cavity in which to keep the soul of your enemy?

A pin forged in the fires of Mt. Doom?

A compartment for a microfilm with cold war era nuclear secrets? Naked pictures of Bea Arthur? The true location of Atlantis?

Damn, your good! You missed the Polonium 210 storage though.

Back