Simple Simon met a Pieman

Fingers crossed for an on time delivery (as opposed to last times Twilight Zone trip on the way to your house!). Hope it arrives safely and meets your expectations:thumbup:

I've got two wrong handed sheaths that are in the midst of a dye job, now I've just gotta find my left handed needles and thread:D

Fingers crossed for an on time delivery (as opposed to last times Twilight Zone trip on the way to your house!). Hope it arrives safely and meets your expectations:thumbup:

I've got two wrong handed sheaths that are in the midst of a dye job, now I've just gotta find my left handed needles and thread:D

Left handed thread is hard to find. Do you have a supplier for it? I can never find any and am forced to sew right handed most of the time.

Worst case scenario I can always sew in a mirror if I have to.

protourist said:
Left handed thread is hard to find. Do you have a supplier for it? I can never find any and am forced to sew right handed most of the time.

Right%20Hand%20And%20Left%20Hand%20Threaded%5B3%5D.jpg

Looks like another trip to through the Twilight Zone tracking system Jared:rolleyes:

I found the delivery drivers.
tumblr_nof9ymtJOk1s2wio8o2_500.gif

Nope. :( 'Twas not the day. :(

Looks like another trip to through the Twilight Zone tracking system Jared:rolleyes:

I found the delivery drivers.
tumblr_nof9ymtJOk1s2wio8o2_500.gif
No doubt. I don't know what USPS's deal is the past few weeks. :grumpy: The package left the Denver office this morning, but still hasn't been scanned in at my local branch, all of 20 minutes away. :rolleyes: Who knows. :grumpy:

Indeed!!! Perhaps it was meant to be that it doesn't arrive until today? :cool: Let's hope the mail lady gets here by 3, instead of 5 or 6. We'll see in a couple hours...

WooHoo!!! It's heeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrre!!! :D Teaser:

Out. Of. The. Park!!! :eek: :thumbup:

Working on pics. Plenty more to come... :D :cool:

John, you need to stop knocking yourself on your leather work! Over the years, I've seen leather work that runs the gamut, and this sheath is as nice as some I've seen from custom makers specializing in leather. :thumbup: It may not be quite up to par compared to some of the best leather manglers, but it is FAR from bad, and well more than acceptable! :D I think it complements this knife quite well! :cool: Great job!!!

Glad it made it safe and sound!

Thanks Jared, I appreciate that, it's something I've been working hard on improving. It's simple, but it should serve its purpose.

I have a theory on why I struggle with sheaths and why they are so plain but I'll post it elsewhere.

John, nice looking sheath!!:thumbup:

Jared, how about a shot of the whole thing, including knife?

OK, enough with the slow roll... :p :D

So here's my Corsair in Blackwood. :cool: I am VERY happy with my choices on this knife. At first glance, it looks a simple, understated knife. And it is to some extent. But when you start to notice the details, that's when you really begin to realize that it is SO much more! :thumbup:

The near mirror satin finish is elegant, but not too flashy.

The Blackwood. Oh my, the Blackwood. :eek: :cool: The depth of the grain and the chatoyance it displays is really hard to capture on film. It has such a 3-D effect (think a nice piece of Tiger's Eye) that a still picture just doesn't do it justice. I've never seen this in such a dark wood.

A couple other shots in a bit more direct light in an attempt to do this wood some justice.

The "Thumpling" is a really nice touch. Gives the user the grip of jimping, without the ugliness. Not something you see too often, if ever, on a knife. That word needs to be trademarked! ;)

^^^Notice the nice distal taper too! :thumbup: :cool:

Finally, the center key/pin. As has been mentioned before, at first it seems to just be a decorative shield. Once you look closer and hold it in your hands, it becomes apparent that it's a solid pin. Yet another example of something you don't see everyday on a fixed-blade knife. :cool:

What a package John!!! :thumbup: :cool: AWESOME WORK!!! I could not be happier with this knife! :D :D :D I haven't had a chance to use it yet or do any comparisons, but I have one knife in my collection in particular that this one reminds me of, and it was a customized production Swamp Rat I had made. Did I mention that it's nice and sharp? ;) I will probably hit it on the leather belt loaded with some chrome for a slightly finer, polished edge. (I have a problem... I can't NOT mess with something new. Leave me alone, I'm making it "my own"... :p) Beyond that, it's perfect! Kudos John!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thank you sir!!! Now, how much do I owe you? :foot: Please don't say "One meeeeellion dollars!!!" :eek: ;)

And how could I forget? :foot: Cowbell!!! :D

Last edited:
Great pictures Jared, I'm glad you're liking it. The blackwood is heavy, but I think it has a nice solid feel to it without feeling weighty:thumbup:

I'll shoot you a PM. Our agreed price stands of course, one beeeeillion dollars:D

Again, most excellent of awesomeness!!!:thumbup:.
Looks like a "beeeeillion dollars"! :cool:

Back