Six months into knives

I have always loved knives, but never put much thought into them, I usually carried a crkt or a Kershaw. About 6 months ago, I decided I wanted a nicer knife for work, so I bought a zt0700 from an online auction, I was hooked. Then I found this site. Here is most of my current collection.

Nice start, guess the Chris Reeve knife is in your pocket. Very nice variety.

Nice collection so far.

Question, how is that boker+ ma-2?
I've thought about throwing that onto another order more then once, just haven't actually done it yet.

I've had a few crk's, the one I want back is the umnumzaan.
The boker is kinda nice, it was a freebie with a larger purchase

Nice collection so far.

Question, how is that boker+ ma-2?
I've thought about throwing that onto another order more then once, just haven't actually done it yet.

I have handled the Boker Ma-2 (aka the Ice Skate) and although the sheath is very cool and well thought out the grind is extremely obtuse. As a result it does not cut very well. It wasn't that comfortable in hand as you would expect of a knife of that design. Also since it is a skeletonized blade there isn't alot of metal to grind if you wanted to reprofile it.

It is a neat little knife though. All in all Free Perrin La Griffe is WAY better.

I see good, bad, and I ugly. I also see some of what I once owned and one I still have.

Good work.

6 months..? not too shabby!:thumbsup:

Man, what will it look like in 6 years!

23056736274_f26df6d2a1_b.jpg
I've had a few crk's, the one I want back is the umnumzaan.
The boker is kinda nice, it was a freebie with a larger purchase

Agreed, I have been through large and small 21's, a 25, and an Inkosi but the only one that I still have is an old 'Zaan which I still carry from time to time.

Last edited:
Not sure why I find this post so funny, but I do. Glad your enjoying knives. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the 1 year post!

It's just as we said. You have been assimilated. Resistance was futile.

Nice start, guess the Chris Reeve knife is in your pocket. Very nice variety.
I started collecting when the first Balisong was released, like over 30 years ago. I didn't buy a Sebenza (although my dealer always tried to get me to try one) until the Blade HQ carbon fiber inlay which I think was around 2012. I now own 6, all inlays.

I guess you use every one. :D You really did start buying if that is the result of 6 months of acquisitions. Enjoy the hobby.

I guess you use every one. :D You really did start buying if that is the result of 6 months of acquisitions. Enjoy the hobby.

Honestly, I haven't used quite a few of them. I use the Dua and HK 14715 everyday at work. Nothing has pushed them out of my pockets. I use the Siegle quite a bit in the yard. The rest either get carried on the weekend or not at all. Some will get their chance to be users, some will move on. It's a great hobby, but also expensive.

Back