Skinner/Caper Set

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings All:

Just finished this skinner/caper set - it was inspired by Wayne Clay's Alaska/Safari Skinner. It differs from the original in that the stock is super thin - .100" at the ricasso, hollow ground to the spine on a large radius platen, steep 20 degree secondaries to make them super light, and cut like a pair of light sabers. The skinner is full tang - the caper hidden tang. All comments welcome - here's the specs:

.100" CPM S35VN
HT to Rc 59-60
Caper 7 3/4" OAL - 3 3/4" BL
Skinner 8 3/4" OAL - 4 1/4" BL
California Buckeye Burl

Wayne-Clay.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect size set for handling all your game needs, I especially like the caper.

Very nice always great to see your work. I love the look of the buckeye burl

Thank you Sir - when I was a young man, I dragged a gutted deer one mile out of the swamp, uphill to my truck in the North Maine Woods. Now that I'm a senior citizen, I use a set like this to skin/quarter the deer on the ground and carry it out of the woods on my back.

Hey Tim, I don't want to derail your thread here, but I just wanted to say thanks again for the Bastion Dagger you made me recently! It has become a favorite in my collection. I wrote you a nice review a week or two ago but unfortunately the mods moved it to the GBU part of the forum where not as many folks are likely to see it. Thanks again and beautiful knives!:)

Hey Tim, I don't want to derail your thread here, but I just wanted to say thanks again for the Bastion Dagger you made me recently! It has become a favorite in my collection. I wrote you a nice review a week or two ago but unfortunately the mods moved it to the GBU part of the forum where not as many folks are likely to see it. Thanks again and beautiful knives!:)

Hi Aaron - what better way to derail a thread??!! No complaints from this old cowboy. Glad you like your dagger and thanks for your kind feedback. :)

Back