Small Sebenza Full Back Spacer...

Hmmm... I don't know the answer to that question. The original run of back spacers were designed off of Forum member TTTis's hand made back spacer and his specs. I'm also not at all familiar with CRK knives... but if another Forum member can't chime in with an answer... I think I might be able to snag a straight on side photo of an Insingo blade off the web and trace it in CAD. I can then overlay that tracing atop my existing Sebenza CAD vectors and see if there are any warts.

Give me a day or two...

Steve

Hey Steve, I have a Large 21 Insingo micarta I would be willing to send to you to use for this project, if you need a test subject. :)

would it work with an insingo blade?

Yep, made sure it worked with both blades. It was designed off the drop point, but the drop point edge goes much further forward in the handle. So if the slot accommodated the drop point, the insingo is no issue. I currently have two of the originals on my two insingos.

Hey Steve, I have a Large 21 Insingo micarta I would be willing to send to you to use for this project, if you need a test subject. :)

Steve is awesome to work with and treated my sebenza like it was my child, ha. Came back just the way it was sent. If I had a large I probably would've tried to get him to do that one originally as well. If he is going to be a super awesome guy and do a run of larges... someone must send theirs!

It would be ideal though if he received a drop point for the model. The edge on the drop point goes further along the spine into the backspacer if that makes sense. So the milled slot for the blade to fall has to be longer on the drop than insingo. If the spacer works for the drop, then it automatically works for the insingo.

I really didn't even think about the tanto blade, but I imagine that has the longest edge against the spine of all the shapes. Of course when I had the originals in mind, I was just thinking about the insingo/drop. Just something to think about!

I don't even own a CRK yet, but would consider jumping one one of these in the large size, in carbon fiber. That's the knife I'm after, so this is a no brainer!

I can't see how this design would work with a large. After all the lanyard pin on a small is captive and the large is not. Cool design though:)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The conversation regarding the large Sebenza back spacer is a bit premature.

I have had two very generous Forum members offer up their knives for me to work up a large back spacer (THANKS for that guys...!)... however it will be many months (most likely December) before I can even consider starting this project.

I have read here the rotation capture issue for the large Sebenza without a stepped lanyard pin. A pin is a must! I Google'd it and see that MXGEAR offers Ti pins at $12.00. That's one option... however I'll explore making my own CF stepped pins when I get that far along. If I can pull it off I can get the cost down to something like $3.00 ea. It wouldn't be an item I could machine per individual request though. I would need to machine them in large batches to make it work...

Steve

So... you're saying it IS a possibility?!!

Oh yeah... at some future point I will have a large Sebenza full length back spacer... a CF stepped lanyard pin will require some exploration and experimentation...

Steve

OK... Forum member TTTis answered the question with regards to the back spacers fitting an Insingo. YES they do. He's the authority on this... BUT I went ahead and did the PHOTOSHOP/CAD thing and this is how that looks.

OJ8ltPB.jpg

Now here's the caveat... I grabbed the best Insingo full side shot that I could find to do the blade tracing... but with ANY photography there is a degree of parallax error introduced. The closer you are to the subject when taking a photo... the greater the parallax error. The further away from the camera... the the smaller the error.

As TTTis explained... his drop point Sebenza back spacer that I designed has a longer closed blade clearance linear slot in the underside of the spacer spine where the Insingo blade style requires less... so... THEY WILL FIT the Insingo.

Steve

I managed to sneak in some machine time this morning to mill the blade clearance slot in the underside of the back spacer spine. So this batch of carbon fiber back spacers are finished!

Three out of the twelve are already spoken for... so the remaining back spacers will get posted up in the EXCHANGE as soon as they get the Forum bugs worked out and open it up.

I'll also be contacting the individuals that submitted requests via PM... so not entirely sure what the number of back spacers will be once I manage to get them in the EXCHANGE...
B46sCGC.jpg

Much appreciate the response. Looks like I will be planning on having a Birthday present headed from you!

Thanks for the want of getting the large squared away. I will be waiting (im)patiently.
:)

The run of back spacers on the Exchange went very quickly and several Forum members wanting spacers missed out. So I think I can quickly squeeze out a few more to accommodate those that didn't manage to snag one in the short time frame these were available.

I'll post up when I have them machined up... give me a few days...

Steve

WOW... that didn't take long...!

All the accommodation run back spacers I just posted up about are already spoken for!

Looks like I'll need to do one more run in July when I return from a trip I'm getting set to take.

Steve

WOW... that didn't take long...!

All the accommodation run back spacers I just posted up about are already spoken for!

Looks like I'll need to do one more run in July when I return from a trip I'm getting set to take.

Steve
Hey, I just got the message you posted on my profile, but I can't figure out how to respond (new forum confusion) and I'd love if you'd be able to set one aside for me if still possible. Thank you -Troy

Hey, I just got the message you posted on my profile, but I can't figure out how to respond (new forum confusion) and I'd love if you'd be able to set one aside for me if still possible. Thank you -Troy

Troy... copy that... I'll set one aside.

I'll let you know when I have it ready to mail off. Should only be a day or two.
Steve

I do...

sbutcher1552 at yahoo dot com

eliminate the spaces and replace the 'at' with @ and 'dot' with .

That's my email... NOT my PayPal address

I'm continuing to receive additional requests for back spacers that I WILL NOT be able to accommodate until I return from some extended time off and resume ops in the shop. That will happen this JULY.

Looks like I'll need to machine some black canvas Micarta back spacers as well as another run of CF...

Steve

Back