Smokestacks and the Whatnot

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Some 52100, Bronze, Copper, Black Leather, Brown Leather, Blackwood, Mesquite, Clip point, trailing point, stick tangs, full tangs, lions, and tigers and bears......and whatnot.

The "Whatnot", an order for a 4" Drop Point with some copper, wood, and leather. We'll be working out the details as we go, but we've got the idea nailed down.

I'm not completely random↓↓ it's a smokestack:D

[video=youtube;09j6vMdKi3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09j6vMdKi3E&app=desktop[/video]
[video=youtube;YkKKqNKxX80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkKKqNKxX80[/video]

Oh, hot diggity-doggity, Smokestack and Whatnot, baby!
I'm already liking it!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Smoke, she is a-risin'! :thumbup:

[video=youtube_share;8g6h1vI4Xv0]http://youtu.be/8g6h1vI4Xv0[/video]

In for a clip point! Did I mention that I'm in? *

* I couldn't find the pre-order link on the Red Meadow Knives website. Wass' up wit dat?

52100, Bronze, Copper, Black Leather, Brown Leather, Blackwood, Mesquite, trailing point,

These are a few of my favorite things...

* I couldn't find the pre-order link on the Red Meadow Knives website. Wass' up wit dat?

Yeah, what's up with that? :p

Mmm, Me may haves to think about this one...

Last edited:
Oh, hot diggity-doggity, Smokestack and Whatnot, baby!
I'm already liking it!:thumbup:
I think you'll like it...and whatnot;)
Should have the Whatnot on the grinder very soon.
Smoke, she is a-risin'! :thumbup:

[video=youtube_share;8g6h1vI4Xv0]http://youtu.be/8g6h1vI4Xv0[/video]
Haven't heard that in forever, great song. There is some blurriness in the back of the first pic that may interest you, or not. Just my take on a simple little user.

1878db95e4bc2dca3bf4ceae82302710.jpg

I'll talk to my web designers, did you try restarting your computer?:D

These are a few of my favorite things...
Creepy right there, thought of that after I typed it. Tim makes fun of me because I love the Sound of Music. If you ignore the singing and dancing, it's a great action movie.
Funny-gifs-the-sound-of-music-machine-guns.gif

See?

Yeah, what's up with that? :p

Mmm, Me may haves to think about this one...
Seek consultants:D
tumblr_m8qry2Cz6K1qgx2ojo1_250.gif

If we keep the black layout dye on, and black leather, blackwood, then it could be the blackest of the dark night,black knives.... Which begs the question, could it be more black?.....:D
Really, REALLY looking forward to it!:cool::thumbup:

df74e9d7f34b69998685801ced77993f.jpg

With the copper guard and thin bronze spacers mixed in the black leather stacks, with Blackwood on the back half, capped by a thin copper plate, and a peened tang, I think this blade is gonna pop.....like lightning:D Or it will be an abomination, and we'll send it to the fence post of woe!

I think it wil look great! I was trying to post that image from Spinal Tap, but they changed imgur, and now it's messed up.....Or it's me! :rolleyes:

Continue down range, I like it!

A 3 .75" with a long clip that slightly curves but not enough to call it a trailing point I don't think. I'm thinking a small bronze guard and butt plate with a natural leather stacked handle, with some mesquite spacers or center barrel. It's got a curved tang, this might become a regular model depending on your guys input when it's done.

The Whatnot is up next for the grinder.

One of my favorite RMK models (the other RMK) is their 'Denmark Special' (Denmark Sporting Goods was an Orlando icon and early RMK dealer, the other RMK); years later, the model be came a regularly cataloged non-catalog model. It has a very similar blade shape n' grind. Just about my favorite RMK (the other RMK). And there, you thought you were the odd one, how odd...

s-l1600.jpg

I think you'll like it...and whatnot;)

Creepy right there, thought of that after I typed it. Tim makes fun of me because I love the Sound of Music. If you ignore the singing and dancing, it's a great action movie.
Funny-gifs-the-sound-of-music-machine-guns.gif

See?
Great minds think. A like?
I love that GIF!

Because my wife has watched this movie 3,468 times and I've been in the room for most of them:

[video=youtube;eXZnRXI1BZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXZnRXI1BZ4[/video]

I'll drop that line or throw in a "...and whatnot" at the opportune times as an homage to this scene and to get that "you're an idiot" look from the Mrs. :D

Looking good, John! I like your grind lines! Don't know who this Randall guy is, but I bet he wants to wait 3 years to get one of your knives!:D

Chris, you have my condolences! My wife watches Little Women and a few other oldies.. over and over! Don't know how they can do that! Oh, gotta go, Outlaw Josey Wales is on! :cool:

The Delkalope just made it to a happy Maynard, and much to my surprise, a giant bag of Elk jerky for me.
.....Must..... Stop.....Eating.....So.....Gooood.....

That RMK blade is nice Shel, I like long sloping clips like that.

As far as Whatnot goes, Dennis and I were working up a design through emails and we found that we both say "...and whatnot" a lot, we figured it was as good a name for a knife as any:thumbup:

Getting rid of TV was the best thing I ever did, but damn I miss the Western Channel!

Back