Smokestacks and the Whatnot

That is one classy setup. I love the way it looks in that last photo.

I couldn't imagine it any better than that !!! The color, tone and texture is perfect! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry Mack and Chris, it's just an illusion! ;)

Whoa, the knot, and shadow, and everything reversed - just like magic!

(Pretty darn sweet, too!)

I'm not a great verbalizer, but I can tell you I am absolutely blown away with this knife and sheath, and look very much forward to handling it in person, and it will be my first knife of 52100 (and my first cow bell:D)! Outstanding job, John, and the photo is first class as well!! Well done, brother! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awestruck. Truly a gorgeous knife, John, and a nice photo too!

I'm not a great verbalizer, but I can tell you I am absolutely blown away with this knife and sheath, and look very much forward to handling it in person, and it will be my first knife of 52100 (and my first cow bell:D)! Outstanding job, John, and the photo is first class as well!! Well done, brother! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
After you open the box, give her a good once over, but then drop it in some gravel and kick it around a few times. Just get it out of the way, otherwise she may hypnotize you! I gotta admit, this is a pretty knife and feels good in hand.

Awestruck. Truly a gorgeous knife, John, and a nice photo too!
Thanks Shel, I can't tell if the photo looks classy or like a Taco Bell coupon!:eek:

Nice quality pic but a bit dark, I've never gotten my edge shade to look good on my pics. Is that photo from your light box?

Nice quality pic but a bit dark, I've never gotten my edge shade to look good on my pics. Is that photo from your light box?
It's a lightbox and a cellphone pic. I really need to devote some time into learning more about photography.

This one may be a little sleeper, 3 5/8" edge and around 8 1/2" overall.
IMG_20170515_180209-978x698.jpg
.10" 52100
Black leather
Mesquite burl
Bronze guard and butt.
.75" tall blade

and a Partridge
in a Pear tree

It's a lightbox and a cellphone pic. I really need to devote some time into learning more about photography.
I have a cheap light tent I bought off of eBay and have been using my cell phone camera also. I've been playing around with some lighter colored back grounds and I think it may be helping a bit.

Thanks Scott, I think it might have some potential.

I don't want the wood to drown out the leather. I'm trying for a leather stack that happens to have a wood spacer, instead of a wooden center barrel that happens to have leather spacers! I may fool around with the layout some more, this one won't have the bronze spacers in between the leather. I'm gonna get the larger knife in this thread going and I might go with some colored spacers with that one, we'll see.

Colored spacers the one thing I was going to suggest next.lol

Colored spacers the one thing I was going to suggest next.lol
I have some fiber and PVC in red, black and white. Some kydex in tan, black and green that would work. Gotta see what else I've got.

I thing you got a good direction on that one, John! The mesquite and some color will look nice with the leather!

I have some fiber and PVC in red, black and white. Some kydex in tan, black and green that would work. Gotta see what else I've got.
The fiber is pretty good stuff, some people don't like it because it can soak up water, but I've put it on lots of knives and never had a problem with it. It may swell a bit but just about all natural/organic based materials will. As far as kydex on a knife handle test a mock handle with some, I was putting red kydex in my sheaths and found out it is a real pain to try and keep clean. I had to resort to wiping the edge of the sheath down with acetone to get it clean, it's soft so when you work it, it seems to get imbedded with grit. I'm going to continue putting kydex panels in my sheaths but I might just stick to black kydex.

Here's a lefty version to aggravate Mack and Chris:D
View attachment 707634
John,
Gorgeous knife & sheath! Nothing wrong with lefty sheaths for rightie's even! Look at many of the knife sheaths made during WWII, a lot were Lefties cause they knew that the service men would have a pistol on the right side! Helps balance things out! I don't made many Hunter's any more, but I ask if they will be carrying a side arm and if so, I suggest a Left side sheath.

Back