Snippets of Life

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Went to the store today to get some ink for my printer.
Came home with a brand new Laser Jet Printer.
How does that make sense.

Needed an new printer anyway, just had not planned on getting one so soon.
Sometimes that's just how things go.

Think of this thread as the off topic area for Big Chris Custom Knives.
If you have a thought or something you want to share, feel free.
Does not have to be knife related.

Went to the store today to get some ink for my printer.
Came home with a brand new Laser Jet Printer.
How does that make sense.

Needed an new printer anyway, just had not planned on getting one so soon.
Sometimes that's just how things go.

Unfortunately it does make sense. Mfrs practically give away inkjet printers to get you hooked on their replacement ink cartridges, which don't last long and are very expensive!

Laser printers are more economical than inkjets. You made a good choice.

99% of my printing is shipping labels. It was very frustrating to only be able to print about 25 labels before the cartridge would run out.
The new printer cartridge says it will do 700 pages before needing to be changed.
The big plus is that it was incredibly faster. I just did 2 labels in seconds. The old printer would take 20 seconds plus for one page.
Very happy and pleased right now.

I usually buy refilled ink cartridges from that big auction site. Just bought 2 color and 3 black for 16 dollars shipped.

We went to our daughter's open house tonight at school. The teacher pulled Chris aside and said that our daughter told everyone that her daddy makes knives at home. She didn't want to call Ashlyn a liar but she couldn't believe that anybody did that as a job. Little does she know that this whole world exists.

I did not have a card to show nor did I want to pull out a knife at my daughters school.
She said she was intrigued and was going to check out my work.
At least she did not seem to be terrified of me for being "some kind of weirdo".

I am going to take her some business card when I go get my daughter.

We went to our daughter's open house tonight at school. The teacher pulled Chris aside and said that our daughter told everyone that her daddy makes knives at home. She didn't want to call Ashlyn a liar but she couldn't believe that anybody did that as a job. Little does she know that this whole world exists.

This will pass. My kids go to a private Lutheran school. When my daughter was in preschool, we got a call from the principal because she had great concern for our daughter. Seems during craft they were doing she drew a picture with several pointy knives with what looked like blood covering the blades. When they asked her about it her response was I drew it for my daddy. He like that kind of stuff. After I explained what I do. We all kinda laughed about it. Turns out, the blood looking stuff on the blades was her effort to try to make them look old, cause she knows I like "old stuff" as she called it.

Now my kids wear my knife t-shirts to school and nobody even takes a second glance at it. I've even made a knife for our pastor.

My daughter is 11 now, still got the pic hanging in my shop. Its all good. :)

I got you beat, i went in to get an oil change and came home with a brand new Corvette.... most expensive oil change iv'e ever had!

This will pass. My kids go to a private Lutheran school. When my daughter was in preschool, we got a call from the principal because she had great concern for our daughter. Seems during craft they were doing she drew a picture with several pointy knives with what looked like blood covering the blades. When they asked her about it her response was I drew it for my daddy. He like that kind of stuff. After I explained what I do. We all kinda laughed about it. Turns out, the blood looking stuff on the blades was her effort to try to make them look old, cause she knows I like "old stuff" as she called it.

Now my kids wear my knife t-shirts to school and nobody even takes a second glance at it. I've even made a knife for our pastor.

My daughter is 11 now, still got the pic hanging in my shop. Its all good. :)

I got you beat, i went in to get an oil change and came home with a brand new Corvette.... most expensive oil change iv'e ever had!

Those are great.

Wow, now that is dedication to the craft! Did she forgive him yet? Did you?

I guess he was in the zone. I can't blame him for that. Our daughter never knew she was abandoned. She just thought she got to stay late and hang with her teacher. She loves school so I guess it was a win-win for everyone but the teacher.

I was telling Mrs. Big Chris last night about how little work I am able to get done during the day. I thought that by getting one kid into school and having only 2 at home it would be easier and I would be able to get more work done. That is definitely not the case. These 2 boys require more supervision when by their selves than they ever require when all 3 are together. How does that work out? How are 2 more work than 3? Does this mean that the other 3 will raise the fourth without any help from us?

It's just frustrating cause I thought that with Ashlyn in school I would be able to really get some work done and that could not be farther from the truth.

I guess you got it right in your second line since it says "SAHD/Knifemaker" and not the other way around. The kids are a better legacy than any cutlery.

Fancier, I could not agree with you more.

Back