Sog warranty ??

Anyone have to SOG's lifetime warranty before?

My oldest Brother who has many years trapping, and hunting took my SOG Swingblade to Canada on his bear hunt last week. My Niece/ his Daughter killed a 450 lb black bear!

Long story short, my Brother used this knife to cut the bear's tongue out; so it wouldn't make pictures look crazy. He accidentally got the gut hook caught on a tooth, and the tip of the blade to the gut hook snapped!

He has offered to pay me for the knife; but I'm wondering if I should just send it in???

We used this same knife last year to skin 3x 10 point white tails, and it worked amazing. Other knives had to be sharpened once a deer or more; but this blade held it's edge amazingly. So I did enjoy using it.

Tell me what you think/ experiences. Thanks

Sog gave me a thumb stud for free, but it was not the original part. If it is not a current model, they mmay not have parts. Snapping a blade that way might not be a warranty item for a gut hook :)

SOG gave me a new Flash II after the tip broke off because I was using it as a prybar. I told them I misused the blade and they still gave me a new one. Excellent company.

Howdy All;

I realize that this thread is a few years old. So, I'm just passing along my experience with thefolks
at SOG.

I have a Power lock multi-tool that I'd used for cutting some double strand twisted barbed wire fencing.
I'd unwrapped so I was only cutting 1 strand at a time but ... it still put some dents in the wire cutter
jaws. Anyway, I called them up and they said send'em in. They completely disassembled it cleaned it
and put it all back together and even placed a #2 Roberson tool in it to fill-in a blank space on the right
hand side of the graphic; https://www.sogknives.com/type/multi-tools/powerlock-w-v-cutter.html .
All at no charge. They be good folks in my book. It's a complete toolbox on a belt for me.

hank

Back